Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionY Gaming Accessories & Curved Gaming Monitors
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

07-14-2020

United States of America

7 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 11 of 15

Re:Y44W Firmware

2021-01-13, 8:53 AM

I've accidentally (successfully) installed the P44 firmware on the Y44 monitor. You will lose Freesync and a few other features but it does work.

I have noticed the updated firmware available and updated the v1.6 as per the website instructions, however I notice that if I go on to the screen information menu, it displays v1.5

Can you perhaps confirm if you find the same on your side?

Options

5 Posts

04-18-2020

United States of America

6 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 12 of 15

2021-01-13, 13:54 PM

Yes, I've flashed 1.6 but monitor shows version 1.5

Options

10 Posts

11-19-2020

Austria

13 Signins

85 Page Views

• Views: 85
  • Message 13 of 15

2021-02-07, 6:34 AM

He guys,

haven't checked the forum for a while, so first, yes the called 1.6 version shows 1.5 in OSD after flashing it! Second, are you sure you lost the freesync option with the p44w firmware? The business model is also advertised with freesync so it should work!? Follow the Link, the text block "Display With a Perspective" says "The 144Hz refresh rate enables you to enjoy content consumption without any lags*." and at the end of the site under "Tech Specs" it shows " * with FreeSync support graphic cards" !?

ThinkVision P44w

Nice so you have the p44w firmware running! Without any problems? Not usb-hub hick ups or any other annoyances?

Options

10 Posts

11-19-2020

Austria

13 Signins

85 Page Views

• Views: 85
  • Message 14 of 15

2021-02-07, 12:21 PM

He fellows,

ONE BUTTON KVM WORKING!! I posted hours ago after reading nothing changed since December. Got really pissed and then i thought, that post before mine was the second time i read somebody flashed from Thinkvision p44w firmware back to Legion y44w, so lets give it a try! Flashed Thinkvision p44w firmware and got the "one button kvm", actually it's "two button kvm" but he, two button is way better than 10+ right!! So here we got:

Starting-point: My Legion y44w was on firmware 1.6, don't get confused if it shows 1.5, that's another of that high quality engineering we are experiencing from Lenovo! I'm pretty sure its not important to have version 1.6 installed, but if problems occur i guess it's good to know.

Regular Legion Update: If you want the same starting-point or just update your Legion to newest firmware, everything you need can be found here (at date of writing this, it's fw version 1.6).

Get working KVM / flash Thinkvision Firmware: Get the files and guide "how to" here (at date of writing this, it's fw version 1.5). 

Optional: If you have a older Model of the Legion y44w (before 01.December.2020) or you experience problems with Usb-Devises or Displayport over Usb-C, you may also flash your USB-Hubs firmware after updating your Legion to newest firmware or flashing the Thinkvision firmware!

So the flashing worked, the menu and splash-screen now show Thinkvison not Legion logos. The menu is totally different, but everything you need is there, the only thing i didn't find was PiP 2:1! Tested Free-Sync and G-Sync compatibility, works! Tested Overdrive normal and extreme, works! Didn't test HDR, but the option is still there and i could activate it in windows. The buttons change, the first button ("gaming profiles" before) now is "PiP Switch". The second button ("Source/Input" before) IS NOW THE **bleep**ING USB-ONE-BUTTON-KVM !!!! JEHEHEHEHEHEHHEHEE!!!!! ;-) The third button ("brightness up" before) is now the Source/Input button. I'll upload some Pics, the files are downloaded and i save them on mega, in case Lenove "loses" theirs... Mega.nz

If you wanna thank me, send me some
litecoin  3AqUjqNmABFeQjuk4724Fp8HoPoH9PH4jx 
ethereum  0x892f4dfea103f6fae3771e75092f64840fafdcd0! 
or Dash  XojCqtUoJBEAit12mWbtkJ3QyP58i9F5tm

Options

2 Posts

03-21-2020

United States of America

2 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 15 of 15

2021-03-28, 10:20 AM

Hi,

Anyone else having connecting issues with the "Win ISP" ? Ive got the 1.3 FW version and would like to update to 1.6 FW. Currently not beeing able to get connection between graphic card Geforce 1080 TI and the y44w-10. 

Any advice? 

Tried connecting DP -> DP ports, and HDMI -> HDMI, re-installing WIN ISP software, installing latest software for graphic card.. out of ideas..

Best regards

ztormie

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms