06-29-2020

US

5 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 8

touchpad not working

2020-06-29, 9:17 AM

my touchpad isnt working.and there is no option showing my laptop of touchpad settings.When i check the device manager for the updates i show that there was no driver for the touchpad there was just one driver called HID optical mouse.i thought that there is no driver for touchpad in my laptop so i tried to install it from the internet but nthing happened.So can you please help me with that?

Options

274 Posts

03-11-2020

NO

47 Signins

1875 Page Views

• Views: 1875
  • Message 2 of 8

Re:touchpad not working

2020-06-29, 10:11 AM

Hi there Gudd

Welcome to the Community Forums

Firstly we need to check if the touchpad (HID) is set to automatic in services. Press Ctrl + Alt + Del. Go to Task Manager. Click the service tab far right and scroll all the way down to the bottom and click "Open Services"

Find "Human Interface Device Service" in the list and make sure the "Startup Type" is set to "Automatic (Trigger Start)"

If not then right click it, select "properties" and select "Automatic" in the "Startup Type" in the "General" Tab.

If that did not do the trick, then continue with the steps below :

Step 1. Rolling back to a previous Win 10 Version :

**OPTIONAL:  Perform this step if the touchpad was working before the recent Win 10 update (2004)

- Open the Windows 10 Settings Menu by clicking the gear icon in the Windows Start menu, or by pressing “Windows+I” keys.

- Click “Update & security”

- Click the “Recovery” tab on the sidebar.

- Under “Go back to the previous version of Windows 10,” click “Get started.”

- If this is not available, then there should always be a "restore point" you can choose from "System Recovery"

- Click the Windows key and type "System Recovery" and click "Recovery" in the list.  

- Select "Open System Restore" - Click "Next" and select the latest "Restore point" where the device was working.

Step 2. Disabling Automatic Hardware Driver update.

- Right click the Windows Icon, select the "Search" Function.

- Type "Control Panel" and select "Small icons" or "Large Icons" in the "View By" top right.

- Click the "System Icon"

- Navigate to "Advanced System Settings" -> "Hardware"

- Click "Device Installation Settings" and Select "No"

**This will prevent Windows from interfering with your hardware drivers in future updates, but keep crucial security updates rolling.

Step 3. Uninstalling the touchpad/HID device with drivers.

- Press the Windows key + X and select "Device Manager"

- Expand "Human Interface Device"

- Right click "HID-Compliant Touch pad" and/or anything that has eLan or Synaptics infront of it.  I.e :  "Synaptics HID Device".

- Select "Uninstall" , If prompted to uninstall drivers associated with the device, tick the box and continue.

- Expand "Mice and other pointing devices" and do the same for  "HID-Compliant mouse" 

- Perform a restart of the laptop. 

Download and install the newest drivers through Lenovo Vantage or the Lenovo Support Page

Just plot in the serial number for your device and hit enter, might have to hit it twice. Then head to Drivers & Software then Mouse, Pen and Keyboard (This might not be available for all devices)

If this does not fix the issue. Try updating the BIOS/Chipset/Serial IO and MEI drivers found under "Chipset" & "BIOS" at the "Drivers & Software" page.

**Note:  Make sure you have your AC adapter connected and at least 80% battery charge when performing these updates.

In the unfortunate event none of these steps help the issue, then I suggest performing a factory reset of your device: 

Step 4. OKR - One Key Recovery

**This is a complete factory reset of the computer

**Loss of data can occur, so we advise you to backup your data if possible.

- Completely shut down the device.  

- Press the Novo Button :  It is the small reset hole on most devices that you need a unfolded paperclip to reach. You can also find out where it is at the support page under :

Knowledge Base & Guides -> User Guides -> And clicking the User guide(Not HTML one) in the list -> Ctrl+F to search the document for "Reset" and/or "Novo Button" / "Novo Hole"

- When the system boots up, a menu will appear, select System recovery and follow the recovery process.

- When back in Windows, Do not perform any Win updates before you have performed step 2 again. Most efficient way to do this is to keep the device disconnected from the internet until step 2 has been performed.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

I do not respond to private messages.

Options

4 Posts

06-29-2020

US

5 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 3 of 8

2020-06-29, 11:08 AM
in step 3 i dont have the option HID comppliant touch pad or synaptics HID device what shall i do?
Options

4 Posts

06-29-2020

US

5 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 4 of 8

2020-06-29, 11:15 AM
its like the touchpad driver doesnt even exist on my devicce manager
Options

274 Posts

03-11-2020

NO

47 Signins

1875 Page Views

• Views: 1875
  • Message 5 of 8

2020-06-29, 12:13 PM

So there is no "mouse/touchpad" device at all under either "Human Interface Devices"  and/or  "Mice and other pointing devices" ? 

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

I do not respond to private messages.

Options

4 Posts

06-29-2020

US

5 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2020-06-30, 5:53 AM
yeah.
Options

4 Posts

06-29-2020

US

5 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 7 of 8

2020-07-01, 6:16 AM
what shall i do?
Options

22 Posts

11-30-2019

PT

39 Signins

398 Page Views

• Views: 398
  • Message 8 of 8

2020-07-04, 13:39 PM

Same problem (Y530-15ICH)

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete