Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aitis
Paper Tape
Views: 177
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Legion Y25f-10 - Type 65D9 -HDR and Free Sync black screen

Hello all!

So I have bought this new monitor and I think I might have 2 issues with it and would like to know from your side if should i send it to service :

1. FreeSync via HDMI sometimes i get a black screen in games 

2. If I activate HDR via HDMI all the monitor colors are greyish

Is it normal?

Thank you all for the support

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 120
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo Legion Y25f-10 - Type 65D9 -HDR and Free Sync black screen

Hello Aitis,

this definitely doesn't sound normal and I suspect that the HDMI cable you're using is at fault here. The HDMI Port on the Y25f is HDMI 2.0 and this specification requires a certain transfer speed that some HDMI cables might not fulfill.

HDMI 2.0 itself isn't really about resolution, though, but bandwidth. More bandwidth is what makes all of its new standards possible. HDMI 2.0 systems can transfer data at up to 18Gbps, up from 10.2Gbps in HDMI 1.4.

I would advise to look for another HDMI cable that is guaranteed to run up to 18Gbps, as the issues you are describing are most likely connected to low bandwidth of the cable you are using currently.

Best regards,

Juraj
German, Czech & Slovak Community Lead

Wurde dein Problem bei uns bereits besprochen? Schau mal nach: Forum Suchoption
Bitte füge den Typ, Modell (nicht die S/N) und das benutzte OS zu deiner Nachricht hinzu. Es beschleunigt die Lösung deines Problems.

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Aitis
Paper Tape
Views: 84
Message 3 of 4

Hi,

I upgraded the cable but colors are the same. I made 2 photos with the phone and you can see the color of your name is diffrent. Also in the picture you can't see correctly but its alot of grey all over, like too much gamma. On display port HDR is missing, no option to set it.

HDR_OFF.jpgHDR_ON.jpg

Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator
Views: 56
Message 4 of 4

Has the new cable helped with the signal loss issue during Freesync? As far as it is working, the cable should be well suited. Regarding the grayish colors, I would advise to play around with the monitors color settings. The colors in HDR mode do look bright and luminous, but the color balance might have to be tweaked.

Juraj
German, Czech & Slovak Community Lead

Wurde dein Problem bei uns bereits besprochen? Schau mal nach: Forum Suchoption
Bitte füge den Typ, Modell (nicht die S/N) und das benutzte OS zu deiner Nachricht hinzu. Es beschleunigt die Lösung deines Problems.

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors