Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alexanderst10
Blue Screen Again
Views: 764
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Y25f Sound issue on any USB port

Dear community,

I have a Y25f monitor and I experience 1 issue and one strange situation.

ISSUE:

Any usb audio device that I connect to either 1 of the 3 USB ports from the monitor (1 on back panel and 2 on left-side panel) has a very interrupted / discontinuous output to the speaker. It sounds like there is not enough bandwith for the whole sound frame to pass from the notepad to the speakers through the monitor's USB connection. 

I have tried with 2 usb audio devices: one external audio card and one set of headphones. Both experience the exact same issue. When 1 simple sound, short is issued by the laptop, the sound passes just fine, but when a linear music like sound tries to pass through the interface the sound is broken.

So this is the issue.

The weird thing is that in Device manager the monitor shows up as a Generic PnP monitor. I found though that there are specific drivers for Windows 10 and for this monitor on the Lenovo download section. Nevertheless when I tried to update the driver with those files, it tells me that the existing drivers are already find and there is no need for any update.

The whole setup is as follows:

1) Base unit is a Lenovo ideapad Y91017ISK (legion)

2) Y25f monitor

3) Bios 3XCN16WW

4) Windows 10 Home, Version 1803, OS Build 17134.286

Alexanderst10
Blue Screen Again
Views: 723
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo Y25f Sound issue on any USB port

Any support?

Guru
Views: 684
Message 3 of 4

Hi, welcome to the forum.

I don't have that monitor, but I'm curious to know which USB audio devices (brand / model) are you using with the monitor.

I guess you have the monitor connected to you PC with the HDMI cable and the USB cable connected to the back "USB SS" port (USB Type B Connector) to the PC USB 3.0 port, right?

Can you do some trial and error and just test the monitor on a different PC, connecting the monitor to its USB and HDMI port and see the behaviour of those USB devices are the same?

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

Highlighted
Cimitri
Paper Tape
Views: 135
Message 4 of 4

I also have the same problem. 

I have a Lenovo Legion Y25F monitor and whenever i plug my headphones directly in the monitor jack on the side of the monitor I hear a buzzing sound from the headphones which is really annoying.

I tested with two headsets (a Sennheiser CX 3.00 and Razer Kraken Pro) and with both of them the same issue appears. Any solutions to what might be wrong? It's really dissapointing since I was planning to use the monitor jack to listen to music while the baby is asleep since i have a pretty big distance from my office to the PC case and running a 3 metres extension cable is not really an option. 

Thank you in advance for your help!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors