Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Booma
Paper Tape
Views: 182
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo legion y25f-10, hdr has pink tint

When I enable HDR through windows settings i get a sort of pink tint everywhere, i've tried reinstalling drivers, windows, buying a a new hdmi cable, but nothing helped. Btw while hdr is enabled in windows display settings, if i disable hdr through monitor's on-screen controls, the tint becomes gray. I did some pictures with my phone, but for some reason they look very the same on my phone with and without hdr(it looks worse in-person), though you can see some weird lines going on with the hdr one. 

IMG_20191024_172524-min-min.jpgIMG_20191024_172533-min-min.jpg

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 142
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo legion y25f-10, hdr has pink tint

Hi Booma,

there are quite a lot of discussions that I have discovered while searching the symptom online, so it seems to be a common symptom when it comes to HDR. In many of these discussions its being advised to tweak the color settings under the nVidia Control Panel, where you can adjust the resolution and colors, as advised here. Could you give it a try, whether it improves the situation or not?

Best regards,

Juraj
German, Czech & Slovak Community Lead

Wurde dein Problem bei uns bereits besprochen? Schau mal nach: Forum Suchoption
Bitte füge den Typ, Modell (nicht die S/N) und das benutzte OS zu deiner Nachricht hinzu. Es beschleunigt die Lösung deines Problems.

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Booma
Paper Tape
Views: 137
Message 3 of 4

So I lowered the brightness on red from 50% to 47%, in nvidia control panel, and now it's not pink. I tried one game and it looks great with HDR. But out of my game in browsers and on my desktop some things look "washed out"(I think that's how you call it), sort of blurry. I tried making a color profile, but i'm not sure how that's done. Though atleast it's not pink now. I also get this window everytime i try to make a color profile, should i ignore it?

Annotation 2019-10-25 173814.png

Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator
Views: 96
Message 4 of 4

I think that the "blurriness" might come simply from the technology that HDR uses. I saw a lot of reports by people saying that the HDR output on their device seems blurry and I think that its being caused by the higher intensity of the output.

As to the error message, you can safely ignore it.

Best regards,

Juraj
German, Czech & Slovak Community Lead

Wurde dein Problem bei uns bereits besprochen? Schau mal nach: Forum Suchoption
Bitte füge den Typ, Modell (nicht die S/N) und das benutzte OS zu deiner Nachricht hinzu. Es beschleunigt die Lösung deines Problems.

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals