Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Schmein
Paper Tape
Views: 171
Message 1 of 7

Lenovo y25f BlackScreens

Hi, 

I recently got me a y25f. So far it's a really great monitor at a good pricepoint. But there seems to be some problem and I don't know how to solve it.

I get Blackscreens when I tap into programs or start games. For example if I want to play lol and the client starts the game, the screen is black for a few seconds. Then the picture appears, but turns black as soon as I move my mouse. Same problem happened multiple times when I tab into spotify (windowed). I never had that problem before on my old monitor. 

Those blackscreens don't happen all the time. It's very random and i see no paddern.

I installed the drivers and got Lenovo Avery to set up my favorite settings. I can't figure out what the problem is. Can someone help me?

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 120
Message 2 of 7

Re: Lenovo y25f BlackScreens

Hello Schmein,

does it go black HW-wise or do you see that the pixels are still lit up, but just black? If it goes black HW-wise, it might indicate an issue with either the monitor, cable or GPU. Would it be possible to test the whole scenario with a different cable? VGA / HDMI / DP?

Best regards,

Juraj
German, Czech & Slovak Community Lead

Wurde dein Problem bei uns bereits besprochen? Schau mal nach: Forum Suchoption
Bitte füge den Typ, Modell (nicht die S/N) und das benutzte OS zu deiner Nachricht hinzu. Es beschleunigt die Lösung deines Problems.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Die Meinungen, die ich hier zum Ausdruck bringe, sind, falls nicht anders explizit ausgedrückt meine eigenen und es handelt sich um keine offizielle Stellungnahme von Lenovo.

Es ist wichtig zu betonen, dass die Foren die Ressourcen von Lenovo ergänzen aber den offiziellen Service nicht ersetzen. Eine Liste der Servicenummern kann unter dem folgenden Link gefunden werden: Telefonische Unterstützung

Schmein
Paper Tape
Views: 104
Message 3 of 7

The problem seems to be on the hardware side. The screen appears inactive, but there is no message that the input is missing.
It usually occurs when the computer has been running for a long time. After a restart, the problem is fixed at least temporarily. I would rule out a problem with the GPU, since such problems did not occur with other monitors. Unfortunately, I don't have another DP cable... I couldn't use Freesync over HDMI and so the scenario wouldn't be the same.
I guess it's a driver problem, otherwise I can't explain it to myself. I can't tell if the graphics card driver or the monitor driver. It is noticeable, however, that it really only occurs since I have this monitor.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Highlighted
Schmein
Paper Tape
Views: 89
Message 4 of 7

Short update:
Today the error occurred again. After I turned the screen off and back on, the problem was fixed. So I'm now sure there's a problem with the screen.
The second monitor doesn't have any problems. Do you have a suggested solution, or should I request a device exchange/repair?
MarVille
What's DOS?
Views: 42
Message 5 of 7

Want to add that I also have this problem. Haven't found a solution yet besides just turning off the monitor when the screen goes black and turning it on again. Haven't been able to properly test on HDMI since it doesn't always happen, and also don't have another Display Port cable to test it with.

Lemon-lime
Paper Tape
Views: 31
Message 6 of 7

Hello, 

I just had this happen for the first time, running 144Hz through DP with G-Sync on. It happened after waking PC from sleep, and resolved itself after system reboot. I've yet to recreate the issue.

Another user on the frame skipping thread discovered that frame skipping@144Hz seemed to come back after waking from sleep mode, so the two may be related somehow. Their temp solution was toggling DP mode from 1.2 to 1.1 and back, so maybe that's worth a try here too?

EDIT: was able to recreate issue by having computer go to sleep, waking it up and starting up F1 2018, which resulted in intermittent black screens. Tabbed out of app, toggled DP mode from OSD, tabbed back in with problem resolved. Seems like comp going to sleep causes this. Still have to try if problem persists at 120Hz. EDIT 2: It does.

In any case, eagerly waiting for that firmware update to this monitor...

Schmein
Paper Tape
Views: 11
Message 7 of 7

Well, at least now I know it's not just a problem with my monitor. Then there is hope that the problem will be solved.
I now always turn the screen off and on when the problem occurs. As a workaround this is fine, but of course not a permanent solution.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors