cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joseinstein
Paper Tape
Views: 1,759
Message 11 of 22

Re: Apps and app updates won't download.

I also have had problems with this. When I got the problem for the first time after a big update I performed a factory reset and it worked. Since then the problem comes back once in a while and then dessapair. Now I have the problem and is really anoying
Joseinstein
Paper Tape
Views: 1,756
Message 12 of 22

When I wrote the above I was charging the Lenovo. When I disconected it the app store started to work well.
zFrenchman
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,310
Message 13 of 22

well this works...

My apps download and I never even heard of the battery saver feature either. So thanks (x2).

Pretty horrible this is the solution though as I tried the whol force stop, clear data, uninstall updates to no avail.

winroh
Paper Tape
Views: 1,201
Message 14 of 22

It's time Lenovo provided a fix for this problem! I have 50+ app updates "pending" for more than a week, and I have tried every suggestion, plus random stop/starts that seemed to work in the past. Very frustrating! 

Jimbuktu
Punch Card
Views: 1,149
Message 15 of 22

I agree.  I had this same issue and tried many of the fixes with no clear indication of success.  Sometimes my apps would update and sometimes they wouldn't.  It's extremely frustrating to not be able to download apps on command either. 

In my case, I think I somehow broke the system folder by accidentally deleting the Downloads folder.  I recreated it but think my apps didn't realize it was there.  I know this is a different issue from what you are having but ultimately what worked for me (and is still working -- fingers crossed it stays this way) was to backup my files and do a factory reset.  I know that's a pain but my system runs zippy now and the play store works fine.  I also only re-downloaded the apps that I really use thus freeing up some space and not having any os system junk lying around.

Good luck.  I feel your pain.

PortlandBill
SCSI Port
Views: 1,146
Message 16 of 22

How long ago did you do the factory reset?  I did mine and for 24-48 hours all was fine.  Then, it went back to the intermittent will it, won't it, almost random updating. 

Sometimes (very rarely) it will update no problem. 

Most times, doing the battery trick is necessary and works.  

Sometimes, even the battery trick wont work and leaving the system in standby for 24 hours will do it. 

Sometimes, nothing.

I can't find any rhyme or reason to it.

colmech
Paper Tape
Views: 1,093
Message 17 of 22

I have had my yoga book since Xmas and I am now sick of having to re set to get Google play to work again and then for no reason at all it stops downloading or updating again!  did you resolve your problem 

Jimbuktu
Punch Card
Views: 1,059
Message 18 of 22

Hmm, mine's been working fine for probably about 2 months.  I hope it continues, based on what's happening with yours.

Since the reinstall I haven't had to fuss with any of the settings or anything.  Its just been working.

Good luck!

sandozer
Fanfold Paper
Views: 315
Message 19 of 22

So today I have the Playstore not downloading problem, I can see that Lenovo owns this issue, when will they issue a professional response and rectify this ?

I have tried other users spells and potions, to no avail.

Highlighted
PortlandBill
SCSI Port
Views: 309
Message 20 of 22

Lenovo are coming across as a "stack 'em high, sell 'em cheap, no support" type of company.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors