cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sandozer
Fanfold Paper
Views: 260
Message 21 of 23

Re: Apps and app updates won't download.

Too right, absolute irresponsibility for Lenovo to be apparently walking away from this. I am still trying different techniques for a solution, but can see me going for a total refund.
Highlighted
sandozer
Fanfold Paper
Views: 240
Message 22 of 23

Got it Downloading !!
Stopped apps from autostarting, on reboot found I had to sign into my Lenovo account.
Was that the problem ? Had I been signed out of my account ?
Would explain a lot, and worth a check for anyone with this problem. Even just sign out and in, seemed to kick my slab back into action.
Happy Days.. Smiley Happy
Jimbuktu
Punch Card
Views: 48
Message 23 of 23

Yup, so I'm back.  Have only used the yogabook off-and-on of late because I just find so may apps and the overall experience a bit buggy.  At any rate, I've had the issue of non-updating apps again.  Sometime apps will auto update overnight, other times it will take a few days .  Generally speaking manually updating doesn't work.

Out of curiousity, I tried the battery saver approach and when I manually tried to update an app it worked!  I then turned off battery saver again and low and behold, my apps would not update.  Turned it back on and now all apps are updating.  Very strange indeed.

My guess is that because battery saver turns off a lot of processes that are running in the background, that one of these apps/processes is blocking google play from downloading.   Anyone have an idea on how to find apps that are running in the background?  I wonder if there's a way to narrow down the culprit.  Maybe it's a lenovo specific app or something that we all use like email??

Would love to solve this rather annoying and unacceptable problem.

Thanks

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors