Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PortlandBill
SCSI Port
Views: 10,923
Message 1 of 23

Apps and app updates won't download.

Hi all

my yoga book with android 7.1.1 won't down load or install new apps or app updates.  it started yesterday and I couldn't find a workable solution so I did a factory reset.  then took about 4 hours to download, install and configure all my apps.  then, tonight, it's doing the same again - wont download updates or new apps.  driving me crazy!

I tried stopping or disabling play store services but the buttons are greyed out. 

any suggestions?

PortlandBill
SCSI Port
Views: 10,732
Message 2 of 23

Re: Apps and app updates won't download.

Anyone? 

Noelpadrom
Paper Tape
Views: 10,638
Message 3 of 23

i think the problem is google playstore cause i have the same issue, but if you turn off the tablet and then turn it on, inmediatly starts to download the apps that where installing before.

so i guess the yogabook is not the problem at all.

PortlandBill
SCSI Port
Views: 10,632
Message 4 of 23

Not sure how you can come to that conclusion when this problem appears unique to the yoga book.

And for many of us, rebooting doesn't help anyway.

Ianandrach
Fanfold Paper
Views: 10,619
Message 5 of 23

I used to have that problem on my Oneplus 3 phone. I occasionally have a problem with apps not downloading or updating on my Yoga Book too. What has worked for me is turning data saver on.

I do think it's an issue with the Play Store settings because my new phone is a Pixel and the first time I went to the play store it asked me if I'd like to turn data saver on to improve my experience.

PortlandBill
SCSI Port
Views: 10,615
Message 6 of 23

See here:- https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Yoga-Book-Android/Lenovo-Yoga-Book-Android-Nougat-Breaks-Google-Play-Ap...

A variety of solutions proposed and work for some or work once but overall the problem's still there.  I've not seen it mentioned on any other (non yoga) thread.

3 weeks now since I raised a ticket with Lenovo and they said they'd get back to me "soon"

BarryTreg1
Punch Card
Views: 10,489
Message 7 of 23

I got this problem and I think it all started when I side loaded 'allplay radio' (because for some reason it's gone from the play store an I needed it for setup of a Panasonic radio system). 

Anyway, i deleted the app, but this didn't resolve the problem.

However, download started working again after I tuned on the battery saver option. 

Since then I tried to find out what caused it, so I safe booted and could download OK. Next I deleted a few other apps that I didn;t use much and then set the option to allow download from external sources off again.

Rebooted and then in normal mode I can download as normal from Playstore again.

BarryTreg1
Punch Card
Views: 10,444
Message 8 of 23

and it's stopped downloading again. Battery saver option will have to do.

BarryTreg1
Punch Card
Views: 10,308
Message 9 of 23

Wierd...changed my google account password and then downloads started to work again, been OK for a week now.

PortlandBill
SCSI Port
Views: 10,278
Message 10 of 23

And, even weirder, all updates and new apps are downloading immediately.  I've not changed anything. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors