Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Yoga Book CommunityYoga Book (Android)
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

03-07-2019

United Arab Emirates

2 Signins

14 Page Views

• Views: 14
  • Message 1 of 4

Confused about converting writing to text YogaBook

2019-03-07, 6:54 AM

Hi 

I just bought a YogaBook (android) on the assumption I'd be able to download an app that would let me convert writing to text. I've searched the forum and it's mentioned Nebo which I've purchased but I don't understand how this works with YogaBook and still in the dark on how to do it (I am technically challenged...) I've seen some posts in the forum from others who say it's a brilliant app but can't find any further details on how to use them together. Without the writing to text conversion it isn't going to work for me. :-( 

Is someone able to help?

Thanks in advance. 

Options

25 Posts

11-02-2018

United States of America

43 Signins

450 Page Views

• Views: 450
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Confused about converting writing to text YogaBook

2019-03-14, 10:48 AM

I don't use Nebo but I suggest googling for "Nebo myscript on lenovo yogabook."  Or search Nebo Myscript on youtube if the Nebo website doesn't have anything.  For the most part, what I've seen of these apps is they convert your hand-written text on the fly.  So it's more like replacing  your keyboard with the ability to write.  I don't believe they will scan already written documents and then convert them to text if that was what you were looking for.

You might also try the Google Handwriting Input app which is free. 

Good luck.

Options

56 Posts

06-02-2008

United States of America

118 Signins

1025 Page Views

• Views: 1025
  • Message 3 of 4

Re: Confused about converting writing to text YogaBook /More generally

2019-03-21, 15:52 PM

Hi 

I'm considering buying an older YogaBook (Lenovo Yoga Book 10.1" - 2 in 1 Drawing Tablet Intel Quad-Core 64GB SSD - Android 6.0 Marshmallow) - are there any issues re updating to the current Android ? or is it OK to stick with the 6.0 version? 

MPN:ZA0V0091US

1 x Lenovo Yoga Book Laptop - Intel Quad-Core Processor, 4 GB Memory, 64 GB SSD Storage 10.1" Touchscreen (1920 x 1200), Android 6.0 Marshmallow 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asus LG5, Toshiba M3, HP nc4400, Thinkpad R50, T61, T61p, X200 Tablet, X230, MacBook Air, T410, W510, T430s, T450s, Surface Pro, Yoga 260, Thinkpad T10, ...
Options

25 Posts

11-02-2018

United States of America

43 Signins

450 Page Views

• Views: 450
  • Message 4 of 4

Re: Confused about converting writing to text YogaBook /More generally

2019-03-29, 14:16 PM

I would say definitely upgrade.  I do recall seeing some folks who had issues after the upgrade, but those are old posts.  I upgraded immediately after I bought mine (have had mine for about a year now) and had no issues whatsoever. I did eventually have a problem where apps and updates would not download, but I peformed a factory reset and have had no issues since.

I would say, be aware that Nougat is as "new" as you will be able to get with the YogaBook as Lenovo has no plans to provide an Oreo update.  That is a major bummer for me but not a deal breaker.  I have both apple and android tablets and find the android/play store universe very sub-par compared to apple, but I love the form factor of the YogaBook so much I've been willing to compromise on the trade-offs.

If you are looking for good deals on the YogaBook I would checkout Newegg.  They had a new grey and/or gold android version for $259 recently.  I personally would not spend more than that because even the new tablets you are buying are 2 year old tech.

Good luck!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms