Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
booneb50
Punch Card
Views: 1,705
Message 1 of 11

Facebook will not run on Yoga Book Tablet

I have a Yoga Book (YB1-X90F) running Android 7.1.1. Facebook had been working fine until recently, it started posting messages, Facebook has stoppped or Facebook keeps stopping. the app never completely starts.  I have uninstalled and re-installed the latest version of the app. I have tried older versions of the app but get the same results. I performed a factory reset and tried installing, but it still fails, with the latest version and an older version. I am able to install Facebook Lite and run it without the problem. I don't really like this version of Facebook. After the factory reset, I didn't install any other apps to eliminate any conflicts. I am at a loss for what to try next, does anyone have any ideas?

jkorr
Paper Tape
Views: 1,534
Message 2 of 11

Re: Facebook will not run on Yoga Book Tablet

Sorry, can't offer any help as I'm suffering from the same problem. I'm glad I saw your post though before I wasted time doing a factory reset.

Following, to see if there is any help with this.

Canelita
What's DOS?
Views: 1,499
Message 3 of 11

Having the same problem since some weeks.... Cache, data,  updates,  factory reset and nothing works... Hope there is an answer

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,450
Message 4 of 11

Hi there! When you click on the app, was there any error message? Have you tried logging in Facebook using the browser? Did it work?

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

jkorr
Paper Tape
Views: 1,445
Message 5 of 11

Certainly in my case, I can only access Facebook via the browser or using Facebook Lite. No error message other than the generic app has stopped working one. Restarting the app makes no difference. If you clear cache and memory it does take a little longer to crash.

Canelita
What's DOS?
Views: 1,431
Message 6 of 11

Yes after clic...facebook stopped working.... After that facebook failed again and need to close.... 

It works on the browser but that not the case

booneb50
Punch Card
Views: 1,392
Message 7 of 11

I was able to get the Facebook app to work on my tablet. I had to find a version that supported Intel x86_64 processors. It appears that Facebook dropped Intel processor support in the newer releases. I had that to happen with some other applications but the developers responded to email request and fixed it. Facebook support has not responded. I'm good with running version 215.0.0.45.98,

jkorr
Paper Tape
Views: 1,377
Message 8 of 11

Brilliant! Thank you.

Installing that version worked for me too.

Well done for figuring out what the issue was.

John

Erkki1
What's DOS?
Views: 1,029
Message 9 of 11

HI! 

I have the same problem. Facebook just not working. Nothing helps. Is there any solution? 

Highlighted
jkorr
Paper Tape
Views: 1,020
Message 10 of 11

Yes, the one posted above.

Get the APK from here and use it:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/facebook-2/facebook/facebook-215-0-0-45-98-release/

Make sure you disable automatic updates for Facebook or it will just install the newer, non-working version.

It does keep pestering you to update though.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors