cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ziad9
Fanfold Paper
Views: 693
Message 71 of 80

Re: Lenovo Yoga Book Android Nougat Breaks Google Play App Store, Help!

I had the same problem.

I couldn't download apps from Play Store and sometimes the apps can be downloaded after hours from download beginning and in standby mode (every 3-4 hours the tablet downloads only an app). The same by updating apps.

What does not work for me: -Activating of data saving mode

-Activating of battery saving mode

-Reinstalling and update of Google Play Store 

-Reinstalling and update of Google Play Services

-Installing and updating of Google Services Framework

-Installing and updating of Google Play Services for Instant Apps

What does Work for me:

Disabling all apps with device administration (inclusive Play Store and Play Services)

Turning off accessibility for all apps (inclusive Play Store and Play Services)

Cleaning data for Google Play Store -> restarting tablet -> then I can download apps from Google Play Store

But I still can't download apps from Google Play Store while the Tablet is charging 

Ziad9
Fanfold Paper
Views: 703
Message 72 of 80

What works for me: Disabling all apps in device administration, disabling all apps in accessibility then clear data for play store then restart but I still can't download apps while the tablet is plugged for charging.

***Update***

But after some minutes the problem hat occured.

Tiere is a background app that causes this problem.

I have installed greenify and i have stopped all background apps then i could install apps from play store but I still can't download apps while charging the tablet.

PW2019
What's DOS?
Views: 674
Message 73 of 80

A +1 for the battery saver trick. Worked like a charm. I tried all the clearing of cache and data for Google Play and deleting and reinstallign the primary Google Account to no luck. Tried the device Administrators removal to no luck either. Then you posted battery saver and viola! And its at least easy enough to do to keep things going. 

This is the SECOND time I've gotten a tablet that the manufacturer has decided to orphan.  My Galaxy Note a few years back was a decent spec, and when it came out a good tablet. But no updates and it was quickly left in the dust by newer tablets and just ourtight abandonded. Its annoying to pay good money for electonic item that the companies don't support after release. I wanted the Yoga Book for its drawing and touch typing capabilities very specificly. It's great for work meetings for me. Note taking by hand with quick sketches all in one deivce and app. enough HP to do a presentation on a screen with or to multi task notes and email and a web browser, run a chat window.  A decent amount of batter life.

Ziad9
Fanfold Paper
Views: 648
Message 74 of 80

There are background apps which prevent the apps installation from Google Play Store 

Swift key keyboard and there are another key board apps can cause this problem

After Force stop of swift key keyboard I can install apps from Google Play but I still can't install apps while charging the tablet. I have uninstalled swift key keyboard.

For discovering which app causes this problem - >  install Greenify and try to force stop the apps in background app by app to find out the app that causes the problet.

Another problem: apps can't be installed while charging.

rickykemp
Paper Tape
Views: 622
Message 75 of 80

i can confirm that removing swiftkey and clearing the data of the download manager has resolved my issue with play store apps and downloading.good call!

pepe98
Fanfold Paper
Views: 615
Message 76 of 80

Lamento decirte que podrás comprobar con el tiempo que tampoco funciona. Yo resetee la tablet y estuve sin instalar y a las dos semanas dejo de funcionar play store. 

Es un fallo que tiene la versión 7 y la única solucion es bajar a la original, la 6.0.1 

Un saludo 

Mici
What's DOS?
Views: 491
Message 77 of 80

Try this:

1. Turn on Data Saver from network settings Data usage.

2. Go to Network restrictions within Data usage menu.

3. Turn ON Metered connection on the connection you are using to update Google Play Store apps.

4. Then back to Data Saver menu and Unrestricted data access list.

5. Give Google Play Services and Google Play Store unlimited data access.

6. Go back to Google Play store to update/download apps.

Worked with Lenovo Yoga Book YB1 with Android 7.1.1.

booneb50
Punch Card
Views: 191
Message 78 of 80

Does anyone know any particular version of Nougat (7.0;7.01;7.1) causes the Google Play issue?
booneb50
Punch Card
Views: 156
Message 79 of 80

I used the the steps you listed but I'm still unable to download updates from Google Play Store.

Highlighted
pepe98
Fanfold Paper
Views: 153
Message 80 of 80

Y no podrás, al final deja de funcionar, la única solución es volver a la versión 6, mientras que ESTOS SEÑORES DE LENOVO SAQUEN UN PARCHE O UNA VERSIÓN NUEVA. SON UNOS SINVERGÜENZA, ESTE FALLO EXISTE DESDE EL PRINCIPIO Y PASAN DE DAR UNA SOLUCIÓN. Y lo peor es que estamos en el foro de Lenovo y se pasan el problema por donde le da gana. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals