cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pjalle
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,895
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo Yoga Book - How do I turn off start up sound?

Hi

I recently bought a Lenovo Yoga Book.

One of the first annoying thing i discovered was the horrible startup sound that plays every time you start up the lenovo yoga book. Even pluging in headphones doesn't keep it from playing on the speakers at full force. Thanxz.

I read in a thread there once was an option to remove this.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Android-Yoga-Series-Tablets/Yoga-Book-Disable-start-up-sound/td-p/35018...

I can't find this option in Lenovo Yoga book, I've been able to switch of the other sounds and vibrations. But it seems to me that in some update after that thread was made, Lenovo decided to take away the option to remove the sound at the start?

Is there any other way to remove this sound? If you start up this machine in class, at night or whenever you don't want to let the whole room know you just turned on a laptop right?

It is really weird they don't even let you put in the headphones to avoid the sound playing on the speakers.

Ï do like the Yoga Book even tho I sound negative, but this is a really disruptive feature that I really would like to have fixed.

Please help me remove this sound.

Kind Regards

Pjalle

denony
Token Ring
Views: 1,802
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo Yoga Book - How do I turn off start up sound?

Hello,

I turned the start up sound with this seeting :

In Android setup screen, go to "Sound and notification", then click on "Other sounds".

There is an option "Start up sound" (on the top of the screen). disable it.

Regards

Denony

Pjalle
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,796
Message 3 of 6

In my settings there are only 3 options here.

Screenlock

Touch

Vibrate

I can't see that fourth one.

Using norwegian language tho.

If there is an issue with that I'll gladly change to english if that actually gives me the ability to remove the sound.

Could there be a update that you havn't applied, but mine have allready installed or vice versa?

denony
Token Ring
Views: 1,772
Message 4 of 6

On my Yogabook, language is set to French

Firmware is up to date : YB1-X90F_170420 (I performed all cumulative suggested OTA updates, before this one)

My yogabook is not rooted

4 options are displayed (translated from french) :

1. Startup sound
  2. Screenlock sound
  3. Keys sound
  4. Vibrate

If the lastest update is already installated, you may try to reset your Yogabook to factory default (and clear the Android cache)

Etype68
What's DOS?
Views: 1,463
Message 5 of 6

I did that but it still plays the sound!

Highlighted
Caz_t
Blue Screen Again
Views: 70
Message 6 of 6

I have turned every sound notification off,  including the start up option.  I still cannot turn off the very loud and annoying start up music.

It would really be helpful if Lenovo themselves could answer these forum questions instead of leaving customers of theirs floundering and getting annoyed at not getting any resolutions.  However,  tech companies seem to be the same these days and do want to not provide direct support.  So,  if anyone has found a working solution to disabling the start up music it would be much appreciated.  Nothing tried so far has worked.  I have recently purchased a Yoga book 10.1 Android tablet.  TIA,. 

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors