Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
allas
Paper Tape
Views: 4,718
Message 1 of 10

Lenovo Yoga Tab Android Google Play not downloading apps

This is now the second time I've run to this problem. First time was a few months ago, did a factory reset and all was good. Now the problem has returned and I'm not able to download new apps or update any old ones.

And yes, I've done everyhting Google suggests from clearing cache and data to removing my Google account from the device, but nothing works. I see that there's an old thread, but as it's marked "solved" I don't want to post there. Nothing in that thread works either.

I don't want to reset my device again, it takes forever to get all the settings together. It seems to be a Lenovo problem and I need a solution soon! I'm getting desperate.

MrPhyzyx
Paper Tape
Views: 4,638
Message 2 of 10

Re: Lenovo Yoga Tab Android Google Play not downloading apps

I reset a few months back also... and woke up to same issue. Tried all the cache clearing... even rolled back Play Store. Then I side loaded the latest apks for store and services... nothing. Factory reset again and all it working... installing my apps now. Pain in the butt... otherwise love the machine. 

Highlighted
SaltyFish
What's DOS?
Views: 4,577
Message 3 of 10

go to settings, battery, and turn on Battery saving mode.

as weird as it might seems, but this simple toggle makes the updates turn on again..

its weird somehow haha
allas
Paper Tape
Views: 4,571
Message 4 of 10

Like I said, I tried everything recommended in the other thread, and nothing worked. However, after factory reset the battery saver works. There was a moment it didn't, but I suppose resetting Google Play Store -app did the trick again. The problem still is there and it's extremely frustrating!

PortlandBill
SCSI Port
Views: 4,417
Message 5 of 10

Did you find a fix? 

allas
Paper Tape
Views: 4,406
Message 6 of 10

No. I actually had to reset factory settings on the device once again, as I had a battery problem. After that, the downloading has worked fine. Beats me. 

allas
Paper Tape
Views: 4,109
Message 7 of 10

After a pleasant few months the problem has now reappeared. I've also noticed that my calendar app doesn't sync anymore. The problem has to be with the device or the Lenovo Android system. The battery saver option has stopped workind, and I didn't even need it for a long time.

Tortodrilo
What's DOS?
Views: 4,079
Message 8 of 10

Hi SaltyFish.
I've tried this solution and worked for me.
Weird but working.
Thanks a lot.
Jimble
What's DOS?
Views: 3,708
Message 9 of 10

I have had the same problem, and reset, cleared caches, switched saver modes on & off many times,but still had issues. Then on a hunch I ejected the memory card I had in the device. It was set up to be part of the devices storage, although none of the apps were downloading to it. but still, it was the cause of the proplem, since I ejected the card, zero issues with apps. Don't know if its a problem with a specific type of memory card, or cards in general. I didnt have any spares to test with, but for time being its working fine, just with a bit less space. 

Hope this helps someone. 

allas
Paper Tape
Views: 3,690
Message 10 of 10

I never had a memory card, so that can't have been the problem. I took the device to care and they changed the motherboard, but two days later the problem reappeared.

In addition I've noticed that my calendar won't sync and the device doesn't boot to recovery mode. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors