cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PortlandBill
SCSI Port
Views: 3,229
Message 11 of 34

Re: Oreo/Android 8.0 update ever coming?

What about some support? 

Pizzaface
Paper Tape
Views: 3,206
Message 12 of 34

You are asking for to much! This is so ugly. How about telling your customer why you wont update the product you are selling. Next time you sell something, please put following text ouside the box in red colour "Please note, one year software support only".

Moderator comment: Post edited to conform with the Community Rules. Keep it clean. Fair warning.

jukyO
What's DOS?
Views: 3,116
Message 13 of 34

Can we have some joint request page, so we can make the pledge for Oreo upgrade?

mkrishnan
Punch Card
Views: 2,989
Message 14 of 34

TBH I'd be happy if they'd fix the bugs in the 7.1.1 version they released... there hasn't even been a bugfix since Nougat came out for the Yoga Book, and given the number of problems people have had on Android 7, I'm not sure I even want them to release Android 8 and then never update it... I actually would probably take my Yoga Book back to Android 6 at this point. 

Lali8
What's DOS?
Views: 2,573
Message 15 of 34

mkrishnan,
I just fired up my new Lenovo Yoga Book 6.0.1 for the first time today, and I already noticed that it charges quite slowly ...
Reading your last post on the forum, which I just joined, I figure that you recommend that I don't upgrade to Nougat ...
You still think so ... ?
mkrishnan
Punch Card
Views: 2,491
Message 16 of 34

Hi,

In general, I think Android 7 on it is fine. I have a specific issue that basically rendered my Yoga Book close to useless - I deployed Microsoft Office 365 for business, and for some reason with the Android 7 update for this device, it is not able to access my files on Onedrive / Sharepoint, so that basically,  I cannot use any of my documents on there. I still use it for some web-based activities, but I ended up getting a 13" Windows 2-in-1 (HP Spectre) and basically I don't use my Yoga Book anymore. Smiley Sad

I would say that my experience other than this major issue was fine with Nougat, the battery drain and app store issues did seem to work themselves out. The only reason I would backtrack it to 6 is that Office was working properly on Android 6. 

Tahvo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,248
Message 17 of 34

No in their "plans" it only shows android 7.0 and am stuck in Android 6.0. This will be my last Lenovo device i ever will buy i never got support about my issues.

Maw89
What's DOS?
Views: 2,090
Message 18 of 34

adding onto your question,

since the new Yogabook will not have android offered are they going to keep updating out devices? i really enjoy using my yogabook, it works for me and it does what i need it to do.  please do not make our devices obsulete!!!

Highlighted
Maw89
What's DOS?
Views: 2,089
Message 19 of 34

"we" as in the Yogabook  users want further updates!! Lenovo dont do this to us. i love my device still works like it was from day one, as fast as can be. it runs everything efficiently. i mostly use it for documents and reading. but please upgrade to android 8! Lenovo ! listen to us!!!

frits183
SCSI Port
Views: 2,015
Message 20 of 34

i like my book so okay no oreo !

But what about security patches ?

they are also important !

O at least let me update my ibook to a chromebook

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors