Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jukyO
What's DOS?
Views: 1,646
Message 21 of 34

Re: Oreo/Android 8.0 update ever coming?

Should we make the online petition? Best way to do it is?

frits183
SCSI Port
Views: 1,643
Message 22 of 34

jukyO
What's DOS?
Views: 1,641
Message 23 of 34

What do you mean?
frits183
SCSI Port
Views: 1,621
Message 24 of 34

Well they make also chromebooks and according this article its the same like android but special for tablets.

I think our processor wil be supported by this software update.

So i suggest let us ( by choice) beta chrome os oficial by Lenovo suported performers.

Than we are in 1 step ready.

jukyO
What's DOS?
Views: 1,614
Message 25 of 34

elaborate beter. Is there official way to instale ChromeOS to Yoga?

pauldz
Paper Tape
Views: 831
Message 26 of 34

After so many requests and so many views of this question. NO, Lenovo has no plans desires or thoughts of updating the YB1-X90 to Oreo/Android 8. They are too focused on their next thing, the "Yoga Book C930, an ultraportable 2-in-1 that does serious heavy lifting. A dynamic E Ink screen morphs to your every need — and sits side by side with a vibrant QHD display."

They no longer care about the X90 users. We are on our own. Isn't that right modorator?

PortlandBill
SCSI Port
Views: 828
Message 27 of 34

I get the impression they never cared about x90 users

pauldz
Paper Tape
Views: 825
Message 28 of 34

I had to laugh. On XDA someone asked if we could root and install Oreo/Android 8 on the YB1-X90. The senior XDA member said: "No, There a multiple Android x86 distributions. Some of them will even boot on the Yoga Book, none of them will work well. The drivers for much of the proprietary hardware in the Yoga book has not been released or reverse engineered. Also, the modding/dev community around the Yoga book is basically non-existent."

So, either enjoy what you have or throw it out. Lenovo has no plans for your YB1-X90

Raspes
Paper Tape
Views: 822
Message 29 of 34

gracias por esa información. es una lástima siempre creí en Lenovo, incluso los ponía encima de Apple. Pero me han desilusionado, compre su icónico producto pensando que darían seguimiento y ha sido el más olvidado.

Jimbuktu
Punch Card
Views: 674
Message 30 of 34

I agree that in general lenovo (as well as many other android device manufacturers) are abyssmal at keeping the OS up to date, however, at least lenovo lets customers know what their plans are (see link in previous post).  This does not excuse it, but at least you can check that before purchasing.  I have owned a few lenovo tablets and they have generally just given you one update to the next OS, beyond that, your stuck (or insert your own colorful metaphor).  : )

I use both android and apple devices, and to me andriods greatest weakness is the lack of consistency.  OS updates vary by manufacturer and the timing is all over the map.  In addition the play store feels lilke the wild west.  I really think google should require some stricter standards before apps get posted there.  Apple on the other hand will give you several years worth of consitent OS updates (I'm still running an iphone 5s and have the latest OS).

I would love to see the yogabook updated to Oreo but unfortunately lenovo has already moved on, and with no android version available with the newest yoga book model, I'll eek as much life out of nougat as I can, maybe another 1.5 years...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors