cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jukyO
What's DOS?
Views: 603
Message 31 of 34

Re: Oreo/Android 8.0 update ever coming?

Hello,

At least Lenovo could issue security patches 3-4 times per year, not that time consuming. But they failed us even there.

OT, regarding inconsistency of Android support and upgrades on various devices, major players are pushing it to project treble, so device will update itself regardlessly of vendor, as long as it supports treble.

Gazzdroider
Blue Screen Again
Views: 523
Message 32 of 34

Hey Gang, I just purchased the Yoga Book (Android) from QVC UK at a good price (Black Friday)

I am currently sat with my neighbour whos Samsung Tab just updated to Oreo 8.1 - it's over one and a half years old.

So I did a search here about the Oreo 8.1 update and found this thread.

The sales person on QVC did not mention that the Yoga Book will receive no new updates after 7.1?

If that is indeed the case I will be returning it. All be it with a heavy heart as I do love the form factor of the Yoga Book.

Any advice would be MUCH appreciated - Regards Gary

CajunLenovoUser
Punch Card
Views: 346
Message 33 of 34

I'm finished with Lenovo.  When I first purchased the YogaBook, I was a big fan.  But if you can't provide support (e.g. - software updates, security updates, bug fixes [apps no longer dowloading]) for a product past one year, I'm out.  Lenovo fails miserably with customer service.

It's a shame too, because this forum/community has been most helpful, and the YogaBook itself is a wonderful product.

Highlighted
Morimando
Paper Tape
Views: 73
Message 34 of 34

Hi there,

The Yogabook will be my last Lenovo device, because it's absolutely ridiculous. There have been only limited updates to it and it's an absolute joke how short of a time this device was supported and updated.

Because of my bad experience as a private customer, I've also removed Lenovo from our list of hardware suppliers in the office. Because how am I supposed to trust in quick support for our enterprise hardware if they don't even get consumer support right?

Best

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors