Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Yoga Book CommunityYoga Book (Android)
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

04-15-2018

United States of America

2 Signins

41 Page Views

• Views: 41
  • Message 31 of 54

Re: Oreo/Android 8.0 update ever coming?

2018-11-29, 21:54 PM

I had to laugh. On XDA someone asked if we could root and install Oreo/Android 8 on the YB1-X90. The senior XDA member said: "No, There a multiple Android x86 distributions. Some of them will even boot on the Yoga Book, none of them will work well. The drivers for much of the proprietary hardware in the Yoga book has not been released or reverse engineered. Also, the modding/dev community around the Yoga book is basically non-existent."

So, either enjoy what you have or throw it out. Lenovo has no plans for your YB1-X90

Options

6 Posts

06-29-2018

Panama

11 Signins

65 Page Views

• Views: 65
  • Message 32 of 54

2018-11-29, 22:03 PM

gracias por esa información. es una lástima siempre creí en Lenovo, incluso los ponía encima de Apple. Pero me han desilusionado, compre su icónico producto pensando que darían seguimiento y ha sido el más olvidado.

Options

25 Posts

11-02-2018

United States of America

43 Signins

450 Page Views

• Views: 450
  • Message 33 of 54

2018-12-08, 14:11 PM

I agree that in general lenovo (as well as many other android device manufacturers) are abyssmal at keeping the OS up to date, however, at least lenovo lets customers know what their plans are (see link in previous post).  This does not excuse it, but at least you can check that before purchasing.  I have owned a few lenovo tablets and they have generally just given you one update to the next OS, beyond that, your stuck (or insert your own colorful metaphor).  : )

I use both android and apple devices, and to me andriods greatest weakness is the lack of consistency.  OS updates vary by manufacturer and the timing is all over the map.  In addition the play store feels lilke the wild west.  I really think google should require some stricter standards before apps get posted there.  Apple on the other hand will give you several years worth of consitent OS updates (I'm still running an iphone 5s and have the latest OS).

I would love to see the yogabook updated to Oreo but unfortunately lenovo has already moved on, and with no android version available with the newest yoga book model, I'll eek as much life out of nougat as I can, maybe another 1.5 years...

Options

5 Posts

07-13-2018

Croatia

7 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 34 of 54

2018-12-08, 15:37 PM

Hello,

At least Lenovo could issue security patches 3-4 times per year, not that time consuming. But they failed us even there.

OT, regarding inconsistency of Android support and upgrades on various devices, major players are pushing it to project treble, so device will update itself regardlessly of vendor, as long as it supports treble.

Options

1 Posts

11-28-2018

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

10 Signins

156 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 156
  • Message 35 of 54

2018-12-11, 15:55 PM

Hey Gang, I just purchased the Yoga Book (Android) from QVC UK at a good price (Black Friday)

I am currently sat with my neighbour whos Samsung Tab just updated to Oreo 8.1 - it's over one and a half years old.

So I did a search here about the Oreo 8.1 update and found this thread.

The sales person on QVC did not mention that the Yoga Book will receive no new updates after 7.1?

If that is indeed the case I will be returning it. All be it with a heavy heart as I do love the form factor of the Yoga Book.

Any advice would be MUCH appreciated - Regards Gary

Options

13 Posts

05-13-2017

United States of America

69 Signins

426 Page Views

• Views: 426
  • Message 36 of 54

2018-12-25, 13:50 PM

I'm finished with Lenovo.  When I first purchased the YogaBook, I was a big fan.  But if you can't provide support (e.g. - software updates, security updates, bug fixes [apps no longer dowloading]) for a product past one year, I'm out.  Lenovo fails miserably with customer service.

It's a shame too, because this forum/community has been most helpful, and the YogaBook itself is a wonderful product.

Options

2 Posts

12-18-2016

Germany

3 Signins

54 Page Views

• Views: 54
  • Message 37 of 54

2019-01-11, 12:34 PM

Hi there,

The Yogabook will be my last Lenovo device, because it's absolutely ridiculous. There have been only limited updates to it and it's an absolute joke how short of a time this device was supported and updated.

Because of my bad experience as a private customer, I've also removed Lenovo from our list of hardware suppliers in the office. Because how am I supposed to trust in quick support for our enterprise hardware if they don't even get consumer support right?

Best

Options

1 Posts

01-30-2016

Australia

3 Signins

34 Page Views

• Views: 34
  • Message 38 of 54

2019-02-21, 10:37 AM

What makes Lenovo feel users will ever buy a 2nd generation YogaBook when Lenovo has never supported the first one. Not one update. 

It's not just this product,  Lenovo never update or support any of their Products. Once released, instantly forgotten. 

No matter how many people complain on this forum,  Lenovo do nothing and again that applies to all products. This whole forum is just bunch of frustrated users talking to other and very occasionally a Lenovo representative  saying, "yeah, but nothing's ever going to happan". What they should say is, Yeah, we got ya money, now go and (polite version)... Take a hike!  

Options

1 Posts

02-26-2019

Indonesia

2 Signins

6 Page Views

• Views: 6
  • Message 39 of 54

2019-02-26, 16:45 PM

hi, recently i just saw this forum and at first i clearly dissapointed because i also had an android yoga book. but maybe i have an idea which is lenovo can provide an installation guide or driver for us android yoga book owner to support windows so we have optoin either we want to update to windows or keep an android os. because as far as my knowledge there are ways to switch to windows, but because there are no official driver for official windows keyboard support and touch support from lenovo, we can't use the touchscreen feature and holo keyboard feature when we installed windows on android yoga book.

in my opinion, it is a wise move from lenovo if they can provide driver or installation guide for us. either it is free or there is some payment to upgrade for windows, it is actually fine by me.

i really hope lenovo could think of it. thank you for your attention...

Options

41 Posts

11-21-2014

Netherlands

105 Signins

722 Page Views

• Views: 722
  • Message 40 of 54

2019-02-26, 16:54 PM

Or

https://www.zdnet.com/article/lenovos-budget-windows-10-chromebook-rival-but-is-299-a12-an-android-tablet-or-laptop/

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)