Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Williedynamite
Paper Tape
Views: 9,978
Message 1 of 16

Turning off predictive text on Halo keyboard on Yoga Book

Is there any way to do this? its driving the insane...it gives me more mistakes because I just want to type--I don't want to have to jump up to the screen during a word to pick a number, and it also makes typing word/number combinations almost impossible. If I make a mistake and backspace to edit a word, it treats it as a new word. Simply put, I have a very high WPM and can correct myself and while this feature may help a lot of people it's just not for me. When I try to change it in settings though the settings only seem to be for the onscreen keyboard.

I would probably like to then off auto-correct as well.

Guru
Views: 10,020
Message 2 of 16

Re: Turning off predictive text on Halo keyboard on Yoga Book

Install Google Keyboard in place of the current one. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Williedynamite
Paper Tape
Views: 9,858
Message 3 of 16

Got it! I just switched input from Touchpal to Gboard while the physical keybaord was active. THANK YOU!!!

Guru
Views: 9,831
Message 4 of 16

You're welcome Smiley Happy

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 9,827
Message 5 of 16

Hi, 

You may find this commands helpfull to : 

Shift+Space = change keyboard language

Ctrl+Space = does also change some language, but I am not sure what exact does change

Shift+Enter = word preview on/off

Alt+Tab = Switch app

strg+a = select whole text

strg+shift = change input method

strg+down = android status bar

alt+left and alt+right = backward and forward in Chrome

Credits to : https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Android-Yoga-Series-Tablets/Yoga-Book-Android-Accidentally-disabled-pre...

Cheers,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
Sbibile85
Paper Tape
Views: 8,709
Message 6 of 16

since update shift + enter is no longer working for word preview on / off. has anybody found out how its working now after update ? 

Sbibile85
Paper Tape
Views: 8,706
Message 7 of 16

Solved it
Etype68
What's DOS?
Views: 7,992
Message 8 of 16

I have a different problem. When I first bought the Yoga Book the predictive text word options were numbered and I just chose by pressing the number on the halo keyboard. Now the numbers have disappeared.  How do I get them back?  

spitfire_ch
SCSI Port
Views: 7,658
Message 9 of 16

I have the same problem. Since updating to Android 7, I can no longer use the number keys to select a prediction. Any ideas?
jtretakoff
What's DOS?
Views: 6,631
Message 10 of 16

I cannot trigger Predictive Text when using the Halo Keyboard. The shortcuts mentioned in this thread don't work. Can you provide an explicit direction on how to re-enable it?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals