Re: WIFI diconnects then can't find any networks until a reboot

161209 too 
Any issue since ... 

Agorapho99
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,402
Message 12 of 46

Well then it's not solved because I'm still having these issues. As I said before a few weeks ago the problems almost stopped but came back with a vengeance a few days ago...

nicole_f
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,385
Message 13 of 46

Well, at least the "not working till reboot" sems to be fixed for me too with the latest release. But I stil face s slightly different issue. Sometimes Wifi is still connected but no data is going through. It will work again after disabling WiFi and reenabling it. It usually happens when the devices is kept in standby for a longer time (some days). So this might also be an issue with the access point that it is being conected to - maybe a timeout in association?

Cheers

nicole

whazzzup1990
Paper Tape
Views: 1,310
Message 14 of 46

Hi all, same here, I was thinking about contacting Lenovo support to ask what's going on. It has become rather annoying with the restarts. Anyone have any luck in getting an answer on this from a rep? I was looking forward to the new update, but wifi bug still there. I hate to think if it is a hardware issue, how much of hassle will it be for exchanges and all

lawrencewlamb
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,289
Message 15 of 46

I just purchased my Yoga Book two weeks ago.  It updated several times when I first booted it up, and twice since then, but I'm having the same problems with Wi-Fi.  I'm debating returning it to Amazon before the return period expires because it's really annoying.

lawrencewlamb
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,253
Message 16 of 46

I exchanged my tablet for a new one, and it's exhibiting the same problem. None of our other Wi-Fi devices are having problems, so it's not an issue with our routers. I submitted a support ticket, but Lenovo closed it without even trying to answer it.
nicole_f
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,240
Message 17 of 46

Hi,

I am also pretty sure that this is rather a software than a hardware issue - most likely a bad driver.

I also have the problem that the device reboots itself, mostly when being kept connected to a charger (also reported in this forum). Suddenly, after random times, you can hear the vibration motor *brrrr* and off it goes into reboot. This is pretty annoying since it closes all apps and the working state is lost. But this was the primary reason why I bought this device, to be able to keep my working environment over long suspend times.

I am starting to get really disappointed by the device. The hardware is great! Very cool design, superb battery runtime and standby times. But the software is annoying. I had the hope that maybe an upcoming Android 7 could fix some of the issues but it seems that we will most likely never see an Android 7 upgrade despite the unofficial announcement.

Well... I am hacking on a vanilla Linux für the Thinkpad Tablet 10. Also a very nice device but with just a fraction of standby time compared to the YB Smiley Sad (with Linux I get ~3 1/2 days standby on the TPT10) If you are interested in the TPT10 porting effort and experiences you may want to visit my homepage:

https://www.dpin.de/nf/computer-it-nerdine-geek/geraete-devices-toys/thinkpad-tablet-10/

or read in my blog:

https://www.dpin.de/nf/category/geek-stuff/devices/

and/or subscribe to the mailinglist I created for it:

http://dpin.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tpt10-linux

I am using CaCert SSl certificates, either trust them or add the CaCert root certificate to your browser:

https://www.cacert.org/index.php?id=3

I am now thinking about returning the YB and concentrate more on the TPT10 again... the TPT10 just has the major drawback that it comes with Win8.1 / Win10, i.e. you have to pay the "M$ tax" first. And Linux is not at all supported by Lenovo on it. You can install Linux but the Baytrail architecture needs a lot of extra care and many things simply do not work (e.g. cameras, fingerprint reader e.g.) and most likely never will. Other things can mabye be brought to life like NFC and maybe GPS/GNSS if Broadcom would provide some more info on these chips, I am working on it.

Cheers

nicole

nicole_f
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,236
Message 18 of 46

Uh, just read in the Android Upgrad map that Android 7 for the YB is planned for October 2017!
What!?
In October Android 8 will be released already, oh dear. I wil lnot wait 'till October to find out if the upgrade will fix the Wifi and other issues.
Cheers
nicole
JoelKind
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,223
Message 19 of 46

Hello,

I have Update the new Bios to 21 and Update

the New Modem_FW and NOW! I have NO!

Problem with WiFi, Mobile Hotspot or LTE :-)

Thank YOU! Lenovo.

Runing! Without ANY Problems on Windows 10 (14393.639)

For me and my YOGA-Book work now, without any problems!

JUST! Update your Driver for Wifi, Modem_FW and BIOS!

That's ALL! :-)

greets

JOEL KIND

nicole_f
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,212
Message 20 of 46

Wrong thread, my dear Smiley Wink
This is about Android on Yoga Book and we have the latest "BIOS" and drivers installed.

Cheers
nicole

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors