Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ecsanchez
Paper Tape
Views: 3,990
Message 1 of 6

Yoga Book Battery Life

Anybody having battery drain on their Yoga Book (Android)? Mine is just less than 2 months old, and the battery drains pretty fast. At 100%, and I watch maybe 2-3 TV series episodes with some Twitter on the side, and it goes all the way down to 30% in less than 4 hours. 

This is also my first Android device, so I'm sure there must be some fix in terms of disabling apps that eat up power. Hoping for suggestions on this! TIA

Guru
Views: 3,938
Message 2 of 6

Re: Yoga Book Battery Life

I would suggest taking a look at the battery stats. This is under Settings, the under device, Battery. Take a look to see if there's something running in the background. From there, you can uninstall it or stop it. 

Also, how does the battery stack up when just doing simple tasks like web browsing? Streaming video for a few hours is a battery intensive task, so going down to 30% seems normal. 

Also -- make sure the tablet isn't in writing mode or the keyboard is on, because that would also heavily drain the battery when not in use. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

hughnewk
Paper Tape
Views: 3,897
Message 3 of 6

Mine lasts for a while when on however I get an unresponsive system after it has been asleep for a lengthened period of time, over night or while at work. The yoga book is then almost flat when rebooted. Anyone else had this issue? 

Highlighted
ecsanchez
Paper Tape
Views: 3,894
Message 4 of 6

Not streaming, just watching regular videos that have been previously downloaded. As to checking the battery stats, it indicates the screen taking up most of the juice,  which I've read is normal...?  

Simple web browsing or e-book reading or working on it also drawings quicker than I would've liked,  going from a full charge down to about 70% in just under2 hours. 

Any suggested apps to monitor battery life? 

BigTomCZ
What's DOS?
Views: 3,821
Message 5 of 6

It is causing by wifi module. It's taking most of energy. Look to attached file. I had this tablet with wifi only and now I have LTE. Same problem is in both devices.

dsorak
Paper Tape
Views: 401
Message 6 of 6

I get the same exact problem, amongst others that are completely unacceptable. My touch screen randomly stops responding, and the only fix is to turn the system off and back on. It happens ALL the time. Lately, my Android System has been draining my battery (to the tune of 60%!!! usage in the battery stats). I am so disappointed in this product that I will no longer reccommend Lenovo products. The Yoga Book just plain SUCKS. 0 stars...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors