Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
XSYLUS
Serial Port
Views: 235
Message 1 of 7

Yoga Book C930 Android Random Battery Drain While in Standby / Sleep mode

Screenshot_2019-05-08-18-18-00-337.jpeg

The battery drain issue has still not been resolved.   

Please issue a device patch or firmware update to fix the issues with the battery draining while device is in standby as well as the issue where the device cannot be used and recharged at the same time.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 188
Message 2 of 7

Re: Yoga Book C930 Android Random Battery Drain While in Standby / Sleep mode

Hi XSYLUS!

Thanks for reaching us here in our community forums.

We'd like to further check, could you send us the Model number of your Yoga Book? Are there any changes/updates prior to this issue We'll wait for your reply.

Regards.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

XSYLUS
Serial Port
Views: 168
Message 3 of 7

Model YB1-X90F

Android version: 7.1.1

The issue with random battery drain has been ongoing since I purchased the device.
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 158
Message 4 of 7

Thanks for getting back to us. Could you try to disconnect from WiFi for an hour or two on a standby mode? Also, observe it when connected to WiFi on a standby mode with the same time time duration. Kindly, take note how many percentages deducted in that duration so we can see the difference and how fast the battery drains. We'll wait for any updates.

Kind Regards.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

XSYLUS
Serial Port
Views: 129
Message 5 of 7

I haven't tried the steps with Wifi yet, but I typically set Wifi to turn off when the device is sleeping and I've still had the issues with random, rapid battery drain.  I also leave it in airplane mode so none of the radios are on while it's sleeping and only the Wifi turns on when the device is in use.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 123
Message 6 of 7

Hey there, XSYLUS! 

We have found a similar concern in this forum discussion https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Yoga-Book-Android/Yoga-Book-battery-drain-with-Android-7/m-p/3850946#M1... and you can try the suggested solution by one of the community members. Let us know how it goes. 

Regards, 

XSYLUS
Serial Port
Views: 122
Message 7 of 7

Thank you.  I have read and tried this method. 

Two issues that arise from this however are that:  1) it's not a 100% working solution and 2) this clearly shows that there's a glitch in your launcher that needs to be addressed.

Rather than having your customer's avoid using a feature, it seems the better option is to fix the issue.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors