Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
G_lorini
Paper Tape
Views: 1,472
Message 11 of 18

Re: Yoga Book - NoteSaver / Pen

Oh well, I guess we'll have to wait and see if they'll do something about it in the future software updates, although I don't think this will be high on their priority list. 

Thank you for the info Eeaamodt! 

tjftjf
What's DOS?
Views: 1,468
Message 12 of 18

The NoteSaver export quality issue is very high priority for myself and several other Yoga Book users I have spoken to. None of the recent updates have done anything about this. What good are handwritten digital notes if I can't do anything with them beyond NoteSaver?

What can be done to move Lenovo to address the export quality issue with priority?

mpthreeuk
What's DOS?
Views: 1,367
Message 13 of 18

This is a constant source of frustration, we own two Yoga Books, one Android and one Windows yet can't effectively share notes, even between us. We've swapped devices and agree both are currently flawed. The Windows / Onenote integration is far superior to Notesaver on Android yet the Screen Off note taking of Android is a major plus over Windows. I'm hoping the Android devs working on Nougat will allow a change of default. Don't get me wrong it's not a bad app but I've had my notes in Onenote for about 7 years and thats's not going to change. We've debated selling both and getting Surfaces but we love the look of the device and always get asked about them when we are out and about. 

biba200
What's DOS?
Views: 1,341
Message 14 of 18

Reposted here.

"In the hope that someone will figure out how to disable the Note Saver when you press the pen button, I'm just adding some more informations to the knowleage about the issue.
The name of the application is actually "com.hanvon.virtualpage" -> which has to do probably with the fact that yoga book pen is probably an hanvon pen.
I would have tried to write an app that catches the intent of the button but it seems that is broadcasted according to the manifest.xml of the Handvon app."

Highlighted
Cloobster
Punch Card
Views: 1,315
Message 15 of 18

Unfortunately, I haven't made much use of the note saver app. without the ability to back up the notes, cloud based or otherwise, I couldn't possibly risk losing the data. Until this functionality is implemented it's well, useless to me.

svogl
Paper Tape
Views: 640
Message 16 of 18

Hi Pat,

I have my Yoga Book since a few weeks and love to take notes with it. Of course, I stumbled over the same - say - suboptimal performance of the NoteSaver app.

Being fed up that it's impossible to merge more than 2 pages, I have started to write a small helper app that lets you do that, and it lets you share your notes as vector file  in SVG. If you want to give it a try, search for 'NoteSender' in the Google Play store - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=at.voxel.notesender   - and tell me what you think.

Simon

svogl
Paper Tape
Views: 640
Message 17 of 18

Hi Pat & everyone,

I have my Yoga Book since a few weeks and love to take notes with it. Of course, I stumbled over the same - say - suboptimal performance of the NoteSaver app.

Being fed up that it's impossible to merge more than 2 pages, I have started to write a small helper app that lets you do that, and it lets you share your notes as vector file  in SVG. If you want to give it a try, search for 'NoteSender' in the Google Play store and tell me what you think.

Simon

bartiz
Fanfold Paper
Views: 83
Message 18 of 18

Hi,

I know this topic is fairly old, but it's the one I found regarding the issue.

I'm on android 6, haven't updated my YB, so I don't know if the issue persist along all android, however I managed to find low quality solution.

I've noticed that when I'm taking notes off screen or without focusing on the notesaver app itself (just having the tiny window) the image you get is the one generated as a preview for that tiny window. Which mean quality sucks hard.

What I noticed though, once you open the NoteSaver app, go to the page you saved 'off-screen'. It will be blurry. But when you press round orange icon of pensil in bottom right corner, note saver will generate better quality version. Then all you have to do is tap the tick icon on top left to save the file. 

Exporing now brings normal quality picture.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors