Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tjftjf
What's DOS?
Views: 4,752
Message 1 of 18

Yoga Book - NoteSaver / Pen

OK everyone, so the Lenovo Facebook team couldn't provide direct support and directed me here. Translated my original message (in German, below) for wider circulation:

Hi Lenovo - very impressed with my new Yoga Book. Two issues, however, which might lead me to return it.

1. NoteSaver Androd app is a little thin - why are notes so pixelated upon export to Email, OneNote or PDF? Can I change the default notes program e.g. to the OneNote app (incl notes button on CreatePad), until NoteSaver comes of age?

After all, I want to use my notes for productivity, share them with colleagues and use a poweful note taking software that can directly sync to the cloud (OneNote would be ideal as it syncs to my company - but I also need to use android for Mobile Device Management reasons)

2. Two of the three ballpoint cores don't work properly. They're simply too sensitive for the pad, i.e. leading to "ghost drawings" on screen even when there is no contact between pen and paper - which ruins all hand written notes. Must be the cores / tips because it works fine with the plastic tips and the third pen core. Is that normal - which would be disappointing - or can I swith these pen parts?

Thank you for your help! Would have been great if the Social Media team could deal with such requests via FB directly.

Original-

Hi Lenovo - bin von meinem neuen Yoga Book schwer begeistert. Cooles Teil. Zwei Wehmutstropfen bislang, die leider in Richtung Rückgabe treiben: 1. Die NoteSaver App auf Android ist etwas arg schwach - wieso werden zB Notizen beim Export so pixelig (sowohl beim PDF erstellen als auch beim Email-Versand)? Kann ich das Standardprogramm für Notizen irgendwie zB auf OneNote umschalten, bis ihr die Software im Griff habt? Ich möchte meine Notizen ja nicht nur schreiben sondern auch danach nutzen, zB an Kollegen schicken oder in Dokumente einfügen, und das kann ich so noch nicht wirklich... Smiley Sad 2. Zwei von den drei beigefügten Kugelschreiber-Minen für den Stift funktionieren nicht richtig (sind zu sensibel - "malen" auf dem Gerät mit, obwohl der Stift keine Oberfläche berührt und ich auf dem Papier nichts schreibe). Ist das normal - wäre recht enttäuschend - oder könnt ihr mir Ersatz schicken? Danke! VG

Neppy
What's DOS?
Views: 4,590
Message 2 of 18

Re: Yoga Book - NoteSaver / Pen

Hallo, 

Ich habe das gleiche Problem mit dem exportieren der Notizen. Extrem verpixelt. Hast du eine Lösung gefunden? Grüße

the_engineer
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,469
Message 3 of 18

It's really totally pixelated. Besides, it says "Export to PDF" but in fact generates a .png image file.

I think the writing experience has a lot of potential, but the app in its current state is simply disappointing.

bkirchmair
Paper Tape
Views: 4,408
Message 4 of 18

Same here! I'm pretty disappointed by Note Saverˋs export quality. Sharing my written notes with co-workers or printing them is almost impossible because of that. I hope this gets fixed soon - as this use case was my major reason to buy this device!

Guru
Views: 4,383
Message 5 of 18

Regarding the pen it should not write when in the air with no contact. The touch sensitivity is not in the created pad (digitizer) but in the pen itself. The digitizer just knows the pen is around, but the touch and pressure are created within the pen the opposite tip of the refills (not the one used for writing) pressuring against the inside of the pen. At least that is my understanding. In other words, if you keep writing even without any pressure (just in the air) there must be something wrong going on inside of the pen... inspect the opposite tip of the refills if there is something odd going on there.

The note taking app: it is very pixelated. It looks great on the screen, and then it appears very pixelated. There is probably something wrong and it is saving it in a wrong format. If you use OneNote for Android it is not pixelated and you can export it well. It can also convert writing to text. You need to syncronize it with the PC though.

If the answer is interesting press the star below to give Kudos.

If your question is answered you can click ''accept as solution".

bkirchmair
Paper Tape
Views: 4,357
Message 6 of 18

... also One Note doesn't support this nice feature of taking notes with the screen off and flipped backward :-(

bkirchmair
Paper Tape
Views: 4,352
Message 7 of 18

I found that the .png export files are saved in a folder called com.hanvon.virtualpage, which gives a hint reg the software vendor for NoteSaver. I couldn't find the install directory of NoteSaver though - my hope was to find a config file that determines the export quality...

Guru
Views: 4,350
Message 8 of 18

Indeed... NoteSaver is currently doing sub-par exports and needs to be enhanced. Ideally, it could also export files to OneNote. That seems like the easiest thing to do, the export quality, hope they fix it. There are a few things I would fix about NoteSaver, and this is probably the number 1 priority. The exports look quite bad. Would it do you any good to take a screen shot of the notes, then the quality would be better. :-) If you go to Settings > Apps, look if NoteSaver can be uninstalled or only disabled. If it can only be disabled, it is installed in the system folder along with Gmail, and other Google apps.

If the answer is interesting press the star below to give Kudos.

If your question is answered you can click ''accept as solution".

G_lorini
Paper Tape
Views: 4,081
Message 9 of 18

Hi all! 

Has anybody managed to change the default writing app? I'd like to have OneNote open up when I touch the pen icon instead of NoteSaver. It would be a bonus if I could even make the "writing with screen off" function work with OneNote but I'm not counting on it...

I've found the solution to this problem for the windows version (see picture below) but folders are named differently on Android so it didn't help.

Thanks!

Screenshot_20161206-144203.png

eeaamodt
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,064
Message 10 of 18

Hi,  I was in touch with one of the product designers and was told that NoteSaver is permanent part of this device,  at least as it stands today.  That means the window will continue to pop up when you switch to pen mode,  and that window will continue to be NoteSaver. I totally agree that you should be able to change the default note-taking or drawing app,  or at least disable the pop ups. I bought this device solely for product design in apps like adobe draw and autodesk, and don't intend on using the note saver app at all. Hopefully we can get some support here to have this changed. I think this device it's really cool, but this is one area I feel strongly should be changed.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors