Options

3 Posts

04-01-2019

GB

4 Signins

44 Page Views

• Views: 44
  • Message 1 of 5

Yoga Book YB1 X90F charging cable port is not "holding" the cable, have to wiggle it to charge

2019-04-01, 14:16 PM

My lenovo Yoga book charging port is not holding the cable. When I try to charge it, I have to "wiggle" the cable until I see the small light next to the port, then carefully put it down. I bought this on 2 nd December 2017, so only 15 months old, seen other people with the same problem but I left mine too long and the warrenty has run out. Annoying that here in the UK we get 12 months warrenty but in many other parts of the world they get 2 years, hardly seems fair ??

After chatting with Lenovo via Chat, they say I will have to send it back to Germany for assessment and a repair cost, although they arrange free postage which is good, but I think its poor that this has happened after only 15 months.

Lets see how much they want to charge me.

Options

25 Posts

11-02-2018

US

43 Signins

450 Page Views

• Views: 450
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Yoga Book YB1 X90F charging cable port is not "holding" the cable, have to wiggle it

2019-04-03, 11:03 AM
Hey I'm sure you've tried this but I just wanted to double check. Have you tried charging with another cable? I've had microusb cables wear out on me before. It seems the small contacts can get damaged, Good luck!
Options

3 Posts

04-01-2019

GB

4 Signins

44 Page Views

• Views: 44
  • Message 3 of 5

Re: Yoga Book YB1 X90F charging cable port is not "holding" the cable, have to wiggle it

2019-05-26, 19:46 PM

Thanks for taking the time to reply , I will have to go and get a new one and try it out 

Options

1 Posts

04-03-2020

US

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 4 of 5

Re:Yoga Book YB1 X90F charging cable port is not "holding" the cable, have to wiggle it to charge

2020-04-03, 23:57 PM
This is so terrible this co. LENOVO would be so blind to supporting technology to hardcore committed people FROM THE IBM longtime people... I was so impressed with Tech Support from IBM. My PC was out of warranty and the Tech Support in DUBLIN 5 years after still helped me with my PC. Now that's Admirable! To say the least. Hmm... With this LENOVO I think they should be BANNED! their tech support is NONEXISTENT! They would NOT HELP. I have Purchased 2 Pc's and 1st one right out of the box FAILED. Would NOT boot up. Took it back got another... Better than the 1st. And it had so many troubles it was exhausting! So... Go figure I WON through their Sweepstakes.. A YOGA BOOK ANDROID and it is 100% problems The stupid port to charge it was malfunctioning right out of the box. Never fully charged. Now the **bleep** thing needs $ to fix it. Sheesh! Now 3 devices brand NEW are never going to work again. That's pretty awful WORKMANSHIP & RELIABILITY & SUPPORT! What can I do with 3 LENOVO computer devices that do not work? What are these things worth now? What can I do this is extremely Wrong doing... They don't work!
Options

1 Posts

07-18-2020

GB

3 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 5 of 5

Re:Yoga Book YB1 X90F charging cable port is not "holding" the cable, have to wiggle it to charge

2020-07-18, 12:57 PM
Hi Got the same ploblem with my yoga book Model number YB1-X90F. Have to wiggle the cable to try and charge it. Tried other cables still wont work Tried to get it repaired but can't get the spare part. Had 2 lenovo tablets with in the 2yrs some goes wrong. I dont think i will by another lenovo product ever. Brian russell
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete