Belgium

7 Signins

95 Page Views

• Views: 95
  • Message 1 of 3

C930 Dual Boot

2019-11-11, 13:38 PM

Hello,

Does anyone already tried to put the C930 in dual boot ?

I would like to use the device both private and for work but I want to have the working environments seperated from each other.

I also have the previous Yoga Book running Android and on that one it is a breeze, just add a new user et voila.

Added a dual boot Windows/Linux/Chromebook on my laptop and also works like a charm.

The problem already starts with the software to setup the dual boot, how can I get that on the device ?

For your information, I don't have the C930 yet so cannot test yet.

Waiting impatiently to receive my order in the next days ;-)

Options

736 Posts

08-02-2018

United States of America

411 Signins

10354 Page Views

• Views: 10354
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: C930 Dual Boot

2019-11-12, 12:18 PM

Hi ,

Welcome to the community forums.

We've found a discussion here where other users tried a dual boot on their Yoga Book C930. There's some user that successfully did the dual boot however, there are some features that's not working.

In addition, you may check the list of Lenovo devices compatible with Linux here.

Hope this helps.

Auxen

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Options

8 Posts

11-23-2016

Belgium

7 Signins

95 Page Views

• Views: 95
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: C930 Dual Boot

2019-11-14, 12:40 PM

Hi Auxen,

Thanks for your input already, much appreciated !

However, I want to setup a dual boot wih two Windows OS.

I want to use the PC for both work and private but because of specific security policies for work I prefer to use seperate Windows environments instead of different users.

Although I have some positive experiences with Linux, I prefer Windows for day-to -day usage at this time.

If possible I can maybe add Linux in triple boot to do some furhter testing and get used to it for day-to-day usage ? :smileywink:

The questions I have are :

- Are the installation files available on the laptop (for example for recovery purposes) and can I use these to install a seperate Windows environment in dual boot ?

- Are recovery files available on the laptop or any other media, in case I need to roll back to factory defaults ?

- If these are not available or cannot be used to setup a dual boot, hwat are then the options/requirements to install a Windows (I've read for example in the Linux post to which you referred to that a USB-C stick/drive will be required) ?

Thanks for you support !

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms