01-11-2021

DE

10 Signins

180 Page Views

• Views: 180
  • Message 1 of 7

Eink OneNote sync issue (1.4.0.44)

2021-01-13, 18:44 PM

After installing the latest eink driver (1.4.0.44) the synchronization feature seems to be broken. There is a page created in OneNote, but the content is not visible. The message shown reads:

"Inhalt ist noch nicht verfügbar

Leider scheint diese Seite von einem anderen Computer hinzugefügt worden zu sein, und sie wurde noch nicht synchronisiert."

Or roughly translated: 

"Content is not yet available.

Unfortunately, this page appears to have been added by another computer, and it has not yet been synchronized."

A reinstallation did not fix the problem. 

Also I can't change the note destination within OneNote. A reset function or some kind of note management tool or function would be useful.

There is another topic regarding this issue with a previous version of the driver, but this seems to be the similar. 

I did comment there, but since it is marked as solved with no usable or visible solution for me I decided to post a new topic. 

Thank you in advance.

Solved! See the solution
Options

3001 Posts

12-13-2016

US

5215 Signins

56371 Page Views

• Views: 56371
  • Message 2 of 7

Re:Eink OneNote sync issue (1.4.0.44)

2021-01-13, 20:51 PM

Welcome to the Community

I'm not having any problems with syncing and I'm on the same driver as you. Probably same firmware, too.

As for changing notebooks, are you taking from within OneNote or the e-ink note function? I don't know that I've ever tried to change that. Those notes land in "Unfiled Notes" in my main OneNote folder.  (I'd look into this more, but I have a meeting I have to get to)

Doc

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.

Using Browser Search To Find Answers in the Lenovo and Moto Communities
Check out our new Recent Service Tips Area ..your issue may already be solved!
Options

6 Posts

01-11-2021

DE

10 Signins

180 Page Views

• Message 3 of 7

2021-01-15, 11:14 AM

Thank you Doc! 

Maybe this is because I changed the notebooks from within OneNote after declaring the path for the notes for the first time...

I wanted a new notebook for the e-ink notes and couldn't stop the destination choosing process. Maybe this is the culprit.

So is there a way to properly reset this process? I tried reinstalling the firmware, reinstalling OneNote and signing out and in again within both. I really want this to work, because everything else is just working fine! I really like the experience now. (I'm almost a little sad, that there is no successor so far to the C930...)

BGF

Options

3001 Posts

12-13-2016

US

5215 Signins

56371 Page Views

• Message 4 of 7

2021-01-15, 14:24 PM

BGF

Okay, I went into the main page for e-notes on the e-ink screen. On the left, it says "Default Notebook." I clicked the plus sign above that and it added Notebook0. Clicked the three dots next to that, chose "rename" and renamed the Notebook "C930 Notes." Started a new note, scribbled "test," then clicked the gear icon on the new note and chose "Settings." Clicked (using the pen, of course) Sync to OneNote, which took me back to the main screen to login. (Thought it was already logged in as I'd worked in OneNote with the main screen, but apparently the e-ink doesn't carry that cookie from Windows). Did that and backed all the way out. Launched OneNote on my main computer and the "C930 Notes" notebook along with the "test" note were there. Ditto my phone once I refreshed the notebook index. 

I don't know if that does what you need it to do. The "default" notebook is still there and I suppose if you start a note without selecting a notebook, that note will head right back into your unfiled notes or fail since you've changed OneNote.

Another day where I'm short on time, but let me know if that works.

Doc

Options

6 Posts

01-11-2021

DE

10 Signins

180 Page Views

• Message 5 of 7

2021-01-15, 16:41 PM

I realised, that I somehow screwed up the note destination within OneNote.

New notes are displayed properly and some of my previous ones are there, too. I discarded the notes which didn't sync. 

Could you choose a new notebook within OneNote as you created your "C930 Notes" from the e-ink app? 

So sync works, changing the sync path does not (at least the way I tried). I don't think this is a problem for most of the users though. Maybe someday there will be a managing option for that! Also a synchronization the other way (OneNote to e-ink) would be nice, but one can dream 😁

Thanks Doc, feeling better already!

Options

3001 Posts

12-13-2016

US

5215 Signins

56371 Page Views

• Message 6 of 7

2021-01-15, 19:13 PM

You're welcome.

Yeah, I can't find a way to select an existing notebook from within the e-ink application, but creating a new one shows up in OneNote just fine. I suppose if you needed to use an existing notebook, create the new one from the e-ink application, then move everything from the existing notebook over to the one you just created, then sit back and reward yourself with an icy cold malt beverage. :)

Doc

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

6 Posts

01-11-2021

DE

10 Signins

180 Page Views

• Message 7 of 7

2021-01-16, 16:12 PM

I chose to be happy with the way it works now.

Like I said, everything else works like a charm! It's so much more useful to me with all the new improvements.

I'll mark your anwer as solution. 

(Since I am living in Bavaria I also could fit in the malt beverage part in my schedule 🍺😀)

Thanks, cheers and have a good one!

BGF

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms