Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fmbma99
Paper Tape
Views: 418
Message 1 of 6

Fingerprint reader has never worked right

Among the many frustrations with the yoga book c930, the fingerprint reader has never worked right. Even during learning mode it only picks up some of the finger touches, and rarely works logging in.

Lenovo, will you ever fix this?

wolfmobi
Paper Tape
Views: 380
Message 2 of 6

Re: Fingerprint reader has never worked right

you could try the new version of frameware and driver of finger print. the download link is 

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/tablets/yoga-series/yoga-book-c930/downloads

pic.PNG

hope this could help you.

fmbma99
Paper Tape
Views: 372
Message 3 of 6

Thanks, I've already installed the latest versions and tried other tricks like deleting and re-installing the device.
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 363
Message 4 of 6

Some of us have had better luck logging in by swiping over the fingerprint sensor, left-to-right. I'd say that works for me 9 times out of 10. 

Doc

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
Jarl_Balgruuf
Paper Tape
Views: 334
Message 5 of 6

As much as I really do like the Yoga Book, yes: The fingerprint reader is complete garbage. Licking your fingers, swiping across the sensor and whatnot - It never works for me. I can't even teach it my fingerprint, 3 out of 4 times fail. It's garbage.

My 3 year old phone (for which I paid 200 bucks) can do it properly, why not a laptop for more than five times the price? I really hope that next time, they go with an IR-camera, like the Surface Go. Because that also works when in tablet mode.

Highlighted
Ishman
Punch Card
Views: 276
Message 6 of 6

I have to agree, the fingerprint reader is pretty much useless on this device. I have several other laptops, phones, etc and all have readers that are far beyond this one for useability.  Been very disappointed.  I have tried all the tricks, updates, called support, etc.  

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors