Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Yoga Book CommunityYoga Book C930
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

07-10-2020

United States of America

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 5

[High CPU][Failed Updates][E-Ink Panel Broken] Windows Update Issues - Possibly 1909

2020-07-10, 11:45 AM
I have been home a lot recently, so I have not been using my Yogabook C930 for since early May of this year. Yesterday, I turned it on and was flooded with 10+ Windows updates, among them, several cumulative and feature updates. After startup completed, and several of the updates had downloaded, I restarted the device. It blue screened, but I was not able to take a picture before it restarted. After the restart, I proceeded to open Lenovo Vantage and install the software, drivers, and firmware... but 3 failed. Semtech, wacom software, and Intel se all circa May 2020. I attempted to load the drivers again after a restart and it got stuck at 85% on the Intel se driver. I then cancelled and attempted to manually install the drivers that failed. However, I soon noticed that my CPU usage was fluctuating between 68% and 100% with SYSTEM taking up the majority. It was then that I noticed the keyboard panel had disappeared and it only had the keyboard keys, no options to switch between the other modes. At this point, I attempted to first uninstall the most recent Windows updates, however, after a black screen for several minutes and another blue screen (which I also missed) the keyboard panel was still missing. It has been a long night, so I will be doing more troubleshooting and take some pictures tomorrow. If anyone has experienced this issue and/or knows how to solve it, please post below. I will be trying uninstalling updates, manually installing drivers/software/firmware, system restore, and tech support following that (I would really prefer not to fresh install).
Options

4167 Posts

12-13-2016

United States of America

5893 Signins

69501 Page Views

• Views: 69501
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:[High CPU][Failed Updates][E-Ink Panel Broken] Windows Update Issues - Possibly 1909

2020-07-10, 14:19 PM

Welcome to the Community.

Reinstalling the latest e-ink firmware and software usually brings back all the keyboard functions. If you can get the thing to boot into Windows, ignore the failing updates. If it's still giving you trouble, you may either have to get Windows to repair itself from the Recovery Console or you might have to reset the whole thing. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Doc

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.

Using Browser Search To Find Answers in the Lenovo and Moto Communities
Check out our new Recent Service Tips Area ..your issue may already be solved!
Options

2 Posts

07-10-2020

United States of America

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 3 of 5

Re:[High CPU][Failed Updates][E-Ink Panel Broken] Windows Update Issues - Possibly 1909

2020-07-10, 21:52 PM
Well, I uninstalled the 1909 feature update. Then, I manually reinstalled the E-Ink firmware. The issue seems to be with the Intel Serial IO Update. It seems to be the cause of the problems.
Options

94 Posts

12-18-2018

United States of America

97 Signins

873 Page Views

• Views: 873
  • Message 4 of 5

2020-07-11, 14:13 PM

Several users have had the Intel install fail. It gets stuck at 85% and won't get any farther. The good news is that it doesn't seem to be needed. I also had a failure with my keyboard and all the e-screen buttons. Reinstalling the latest firmware package seemed to fix the problem. Now all the buttons have returned and work. 

Options

3 Posts

02-06-2020

United States of America

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 5 of 5

2020-07-15, 20:56 PM

I ran into this as well. After much frustration, it turns out that downloading this update directly from the Lenovo site and installing it works fine. Turns out their fancy updater misunderstands the actions of this update, causing it to get stuck while the update in questions waits for user input.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms