Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
choiboi2
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,481
Message 1 of 5

Looks like Lenovo offering up to 8gb memory & 512gb storage models soon

Looks like everyones complaining worked and Lenovo listened.

If you go to Lenovo's US website for the Yoga book C930, looks like they updated the product page, specifically the specs section showing "up to 8gb memory" and "512gb storage." Good news for future buyers but bad news for the rest of us who got screwed with the terrible 4gb memory. 

Doesn't look like you can order it yet as the current view models only show the 4gb/256gb spec but it appears they're going to offer a 8gb/512gb option soon as the product specs released that info before they were able to sell it.

If thinking of buying, hold off even though the current sale price of $789.99 us tempting if you want a decent spec'ed model. 4gb really isnt enough and should've been 8gb like every other competitions base model computer out there.

Capture.JPG

LeeHamm
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,439
Message 2 of 5

Re: Looks like Lenovo offering up to 8gb memory & 512gb storage models soon

Looks good. I hope you are correct. 8GB has been available in other markets, so I don't know why it has taken so long. Similarly, LTE is available in Germany for example.

I had noticed the US prices coming down and thought they were going to discontinue the model! So I hope you are right and I am wrong!

lenovochobo
Punch Card
Views: 2,410
Message 3 of 5

Dang, I bought it at 840 Smiley Happy

Odd thing, is that it's twice the price in HK - so I got a friend in Baltimore to get it for me and ship it over. Still saved hundreds in the end. I was a bit unimpressed to begin with, knock knock doesn't work for me and the e-ink is bleh. But it's light, display is decent and I think 4gb RAM is fine for what I want to do with it ie internet and light office type stuff whilst travelling. I got a 512G SD card so I have enough storage.

Armia7
What's DOS?
Views: 2,049
Message 4 of 5

Hi

I'm considering the yoga book so I want to know is the 4Gb ram really that bad in daily tasks??

And is the E-ink display responsive or lagging in switching from keyboard to E-reader to drawing panel ???

Thank you in advance 

Isurus
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,047
Message 5 of 5

4Gb is good enough for email and light surfing.

E-ink  display is sharp and clear (but no lighting), and I don't find the slight lag in switching between keyboard and e-ink to be annoying. But the ereader software is very rudimentary, miles behind ebook readers like Kindle and Kobo. For example, you cannot change the font, and it does not remember the last read page after you close a book/document.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors