Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Isurus
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,271
Message 11 of 29

Re: New E-Ink Update (Nov 12, 2019) - CLONE MODE

Doctordon: Have you tried running the firmware files when the keyboard is back (doing everything from the LCD screen and not touching the eink one)? If that doesn't work, I'm afraid I am out of suggestions.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,251
Message 12 of 29

@Isurus wrote:

Doctordon: Have you tried running the firmware files when the keyboard is back (doing everything from the LCD screen and not touching the eink one)? If that doesn't work, I'm afraid I am out of suggestions.

Thank you and yes, I have with no success. Yesterday, tried uninstalling and reinstalling the eink software to no avail. Also tried re-flashing the BIOS, which also failed, even though I have BIOS backflash enabled. 

Would love an earlier BIOS version if anyone has one. 

EDIT: Issue resolved and all is running well, now. 

Doc

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
Isurus
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,243
Message 13 of 29

The clone mode is great for reading pdf/epubs on our own favourite programs.

One other potential use of the clone mode is as an e-ink monitor for word processing with a bluetooth keyboard. On speed mode, the screen lag is just about tolerable for practical use, but I find that the mouse cursor does not appear on the cloned screen, whether  priority is set for quality or speed. Anyone else encountered this issue?

Highlighted
Duke2846
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,194
Message 14 of 29

I also encountered an issue after installing this new e-ink update, but now it was solved. Let me just share my situation. (Sorry for my imperfect English.)

1. Situation
I installed both of e-ink S/W 1.2.0.10 and F/W 2050014W on my YB C930, which runs W10/1903. After rebooting the system, the e-ink screen got the new icon of Clone mode successfully. However, as soon as touching the new icon to get into the clone mode, a blue-screen shows up and system was forced to reboot automatically. After rebooting, e-ink keyboard doesn't show up and stayed with the default e-ink screen image (as other members are reporting here). I could manage to get E-ink keyboard work again after re-installing the F/W 2050014W, but again the same thing (blue-screen) happens when touching the Clone mode icon.

2. Solution
I found "ddkmd.sys" error code is displayed on the blue-screen, so I searched this code on the internet. Some sites mentioned that "Duet Display" or similar application could cause this error. After uninstalling Duet Display from my system, I could get into the clone mode successfully. Now it works perfectly and I really enjoy the kindle app on e-ink screen!

Hope this could give some hints to those who have experienced the similar issue.

Cheers

Tommythecat
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,108
Message 15 of 29

First of all; thanks to Lenovo for introducing these updates. I really appreciate it.

I like the updated interface with little improvements. There also seems to be a difference with taking notes; it seems more pressure sensitive. Although this may be an improvement, for my taste the lines (even with the smallest thickness) are too thick for writing. When the lines 'settle', it's ok. But when writing it's more like writing with a felt tip than with a pen.

I know pressure sensitivity can be adjusted. But this adjustment only works on the screen, for example in One Note. Changing pressure sensitivity with the Lenovo Pen app does not alter the lines on the e-ink screen.

I do realise that pressures sensitivity and line thickness are different settings. But my experience is that the one changed the other.

Jarl_Balgruuf
Paper Tape
Views: 1,066
Message 16 of 29

What a tragedy - I always wished for something like this, and I dropped my Yoga Book recently, shattering glass 😪

Could any of you guys maybe make a short video clip to see what it would have been like? Is it actually possible to read articles on webpages on the EInk display and scroll pages? Does it react to touch?

Many thanks in advance and good luck with your Yoga Books 

mdebeus
Paper Tape
Views: 1,009
Message 17 of 29

Bought yogabook a month ago with te m3 core cpu. For general use perfect, also with clone mode. I am very very happy with the clone mode. To save battery, reading and simple tasks. I installed from the Store the Kindle app for reading my e-books. Very nice.

When I'm using a mouse with the e-ink, I enlarge the mouse pointer (you can do this in the normal mouse settings in winddows) so it shows.  When it's the normal size it won't show! Don't know why.

yes, when using e-ink the refresh of the screen is kinda slow, but for simple tasks such as email, reading websites or docs, text editing it works for me.

I am missing a backlight on the e-ink though.

mdebeus
Paper Tape
Views: 1,006
Message 18 of 29

When I'm using a mouse with the e-ink, I enlarge the mouse pointer (you can do this in the normal mouse settings in winddows) so it shows. When it's the normal size it won't show! Don't know why. I did not change speed.
Darkotos
Fanfold Paper
Views: 881
Message 19 of 29

I just installed the new EInk-SDK via Lenovo Vantage the other day and I am not disappointed.

First of all, the note-taking delays seem to be gone. Before the update, I had issues, when having a lot of open tabs in my browser or running a performance hungry program like matlab. This seems to be a thing of the past now.

Secondly, the change to the toolbar feel good so far. It's cleaner and less bloated. This also applies to the toolbar change on the note-taking screen. I always mistook "Take a Screenshot of the LED-Screen" for "Take a Screenshout of the EInk-Screen" and vice versa.

The cloning feature is looking nice and I will play around with it for the next few days and see what's possible.

I also think, that the faster switching between the EInk-Screens comes at the price of the previous screen persisting a little bit and I am fine with that.

All in one, I want to thank the Yoga Book Development/Support Team for supporting this product to this day. You are doing a great job and I love this notebook to this day! Never stop innovating.

Tommythecat
Fanfold Paper
Views: 864
Message 20 of 29

I'm curious. Is there anybody who can confirm that the line thickness (taking notes on the e-ink screen) has increased? Because if not, than I wonder if there is anything wrong with my settings or maybe something else.

The writing experience is just not the same as before this update.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors