Very cool feature lenovo!! Keep up the good work
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIvnKIv5dSs&feature=youtu.be
Jarl_Balgruuf
Paper Tape
Views: 1,344
Message 22 of 29

Re: New E-Ink Update (Nov 12, 2019) - CLONE MODE

Thank you very much!

I see you are controlling everything by using the "regular" screen. Can you also scroll or press buttons just by using the E-ink screen? What I mean is: Does it always have to be in "laptop" mode, or can it also be in "tablet" mode?

Oh, and by the way: Do you know if Windows recognizes it as a second screen or is it "invisible" to the operating system?

kevin2018
Paper Tape
Views: 1,329
Message 23 of 29

You can turn the main screen off and use it as a tablet and click/scroll directly on the eink (the first release was stylus only), but for scrolling you have to be a bit patient since it's refresh rate is slower. I didn't see any options to use it as a second display, but maybe it's possible?

Highlighted
Isurus
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,310
Message 24 of 29

The e-ink screen does not appear as another monitor under Settings-Display. It cannot be used as a secondary display  at this point.

gilwood1
Token Ring
Views: 1,298
Message 25 of 29

Once "cloned" the eInk screen mirrors the LCD screen.  I will typically start an App in Windows, for example, kindle to read a book and touch the clone button. I will then go to the three-dot box at the top of the e-screen, go to the bottom of the selections, turn off the LCD screen and put my YB in tablet mode for reading. Really saves battery by using only the eInk screen.

Tokken
Paper Tape
Views: 1,011
Message 26 of 29

I just got my Yoga Book and after after waiting for the windows to automatically update everything. I had to go and manually update most of the rest of it. It took forever. Finally I could get the latest Yoga Book experience. I like it!

BUT

Lenovo is using sumatra as the base for that ink reader. 

https://github.com/sumatrapdfreader/sumatrapdf/tree/3.1.2rel

and the latest update for that project is from 2016. I mean, for the price I paid I would expect some 2019 hardware combined to some 2019 software.

Yes, I love the idea and I think the yoga book 2 is a big improvement. But I wish someone else would join the game for this model.

(obviously English is not my first language)

kk38
What's DOS?
Views: 855
Message 27 of 29

Hi all, it seems I'm having a similar issue to many others. I've gotten clone mode to work a couple of times, but usually when I try to open it, the entire eink display freezes, and I get a "no ink device" error message. Putting the computer to sleep or reinstalling the driver will get the keyboard and notes up and running again, but no help to clone mode. This is *so* close to having all the functionality I want, can't wait for these bugs to get fixed.

EDIT: This one was my fault. I updated the software without also updating the firmware... After that update, all seems to be working now.

WallerWalker
Paper Tape
Views: 468
Message 28 of 29

Hey, thanks for your comment! I was hoping you might know some answers to some of my questions about this device..
I wanted to know what battery mileage you are now getting after the update?
Also, can you use the stylus in clone-only mode (with main screen off)? What is the battery life like when only in this mode?

Thanks!
stevens32
Paper Tape
Views: 182
Message 29 of 29

Lenovo, amazing job with the new update. Clone mode is an awesome feature! The new unauth experience is really great too. The e-ink side feels much more responsive and usable as a whole. Thank you!

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors