Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Yoga Book CommunityYoga Book C930
All Forum Topics
Options

24 Posts

03-22-2019

United States of America

27 Signins

257 Page Views

• Views: 257
  • Message 1 of 30

New E-Ink Update (Nov 12, 2019) - CLONE MODE

2019-11-16, 4:15 AM

I was checking the Lenovo driver page for any recent updates since the Vantage app never shows the latest updates available from the website and noticed there was a new E-Ink Application and Firmware update that was uploaded Nov 12, 2019. Here's what the ReadMe for the E-Ink application states regarding the update:

"WHAT THIS PACKAGE DOES 1. Optimize Notes function. including the optimization of toolbar, circle selected menu etc. 2. Optimize the Home bar to let user switch to keyboard easily. 3. Add Clone function. which could show windows desktop on E ink screen. 4. Fix some bugs. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- CHANGES IN THIS RELEASE Version 1.3.0.31 [Important updates] - Optimize Notes function. - Optimize the Home bar [New functions or enhancements] - Add Clone function [Problem fixes] - Fixed some UE bugs - Update Tcon ITE FW to 2.05.00.14 to suport new functions."

Just thought I'd share as I know the E-Ink experience is sorely lacking in many areas and glad after a year that Lenovo is still supporting the YogaBook C930 with improving the features with these small updates. Better than nothing! I'll take whatever we can get.

EDIT: I just installed the update and amazingly Lenovo developers listened to all you guys. They added "clone mode" which allows your main screen stuff to be used on the e-ink screen. From what little I played with it, it either duplicates on both main and e-ink screen or you can flip the YB in tablet mode to use only the E-Ink screen to browse around windows. You can also keep it in laptop form and there's an option in the three dot menu option to toggle off the color display (main display) so you can just use the E-Ink screen as a laptop while blacking out the main display. Pretty neat but don't expect too much as the E-Ink screen refresh rate has its limits but cool that they added this feature. Good job Lenovo! Keep it up bringing more features! Please continue reading other forums for software improvement requests.

Options

92 Posts

12-18-2018

United States of America

93 Signins

858 Page Views

• Views: 858
  • Message 2 of 30

Re: New E-Ink Update (Nov 12, 2019) - CLONE MODE

2019-11-16, 17:04 PM

This is pretty cool stuff. However, I must be overlooking or not be familiar with the three-dot option you refer to. I would really like to play with the "clone" feature and have installed the updates. Could you please provide a little more information. Thanks

Options

24 Posts

03-22-2019

United States of America

27 Signins

257 Page Views

• Views: 257
  • Message 3 of 30

2019-11-16, 20:43 PM

When in Clone Mode (the 2nd from the far right mode on the menu toolbar. Looks like Apple's Airplay icon), there's a small white menu box on the top of the E-Ink screen with three dots which acts as a menu item, giving you the option to toggle on/off the 'color screen' which turns off the main display and allows you to browse windows on the E-Ink screen only. This menu is also the only way to exit Clone Mode and return to your keyboard mode.

Options

3385 Posts

12-13-2016

United States of America

5443 Signins

60786 Page Views

• Views: 60786
  • Message 4 of 30

2019-11-18, 0:55 AM

I had high hopes for this update, but it's made a bad situation worse. 

After 1903, I was unable to get anything but the keyboard to show up and work. With this eink fw/sw update, even that's difficult. I'm on 1909, now. Everything, including BIOS is the latest. 

At power-up, the keyboard comes on. As soon as POST is done, it goes to sleep and stays there. Occasionaly, the homebar comes up, but none of the buttons work. After a few reboots, I can get the keyboard to work by launching "homebar.exe." The new homebar will come up, but nothing works and none of the other .exe files in the Eink folder work. They all throw an error saying, "No eink device found."

So, for me, anyway, this is broken.

Doc

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.

Using Browser Search To Find Answers in the Lenovo and Moto Communities
Check out our new Recent Service Tips Area ..your issue may already be solved!
Options

27 Posts

02-22-2019

Singapore

47 Signins

298 Page Views

• Views: 298
  • Message 5 of 30

2019-11-18, 8:26 AM

I had the same problem with an unresponsive e-ink screen after the update. Fortunately, It was fixed by repeatedly installing the einkfw2050014w.exe file. A few times, it reported no eink device found. Restarting and running the programme without touching the e-ink keyboard fixed that.

I'm on Windows 10 19013 (insider preview)

Options

6 Posts

12-13-2018

Spain

11 Signins

199 Page Views

• Views: 199
  • Message 6 of 30

2019-11-18, 8:28 AM

Clone mode is awesome and full of possibilities.

I think is great to cover e-ink built-in reading software which is poor. Nevertheless, has anyone found the right configuration on the windows/color screen to clone it on the e-ink screen and be able to read pdfs with a good contrast / real-paper look?.

(If you simply clone a pdf on the windows screen to the e-ink one, the constrast to read is poor).

Options

3385 Posts

12-13-2016

United States of America

5443 Signins

60786 Page Views

• Message 7 of 30

2019-11-18, 19:08 PM

wrote:

I had the same problem with an unresponsive e-ink screen after the update. Fortunately, It was fixed by repeatedly installing the einkfw2050014w.exe file. A few times, it reported no eink device found. Restarting and running the programme without touching the e-ink keyboard fixed that.

I'm on Windows 10 19013 (insider preview)

Trying that. Keep getting a dialog box that says ERROR: FAIL CBW (0)

and, in the RUN box:

"it8951 not found"

Will try again, later. 

Thanks

Doc

Options

27 Posts

02-22-2019

Singapore

47 Signins

298 Page Views

• Views: 298
  • Message 8 of 30

2019-11-18, 23:43 PM

Yes, i got the same error. need to run the program when the e-ink screen is actually working. i found that it came out of sleep mode by itself if I left it alone for a couple of minutes after rebooting.

Options

79 Posts

09-11-2017

Germany

235 Signins

1041 Page Views

• Views: 1041
  • Message 9 of 30

2019-11-19, 6:06 AM

amazing, it works right out of the box. and, to be honest, it's great

Geek-mode: It feels a little like the good old Atari ST GEM desktop ;-) flash-back tuesday

Stefan

Options

3385 Posts

12-13-2016

United States of America

5443 Signins

60786 Page Views

• Message 10 of 30

2019-11-19, 16:38 PM

wrote:

Yes, i got the same error. need to run the program when the e-ink screen is actually working. i found that it came out of sleep mode by itself if I left it alone for a couple of minutes after rebooting.

Mine doesn't. After a couple of minutes, the homebar icons will come up, but they're non-functional. I've tried reinstalling the eink firmware and the eink software. Both continue to throw errors. Software install finishes with "Internal error: QuerySpawnServer: Unexpected response: $0"  I've tried reinstalling the latest BIOS, and that fails as well.  Attached photo shows what happens after boot. I will get the keyboard during POST, then this sleep screen. After a few minutes, the homebar will appear as you see in the photo, but it's non-functional. I can fold the computer over and back, tap twice, and I get the keyboard back, but the homebar buttons still don't work. And, unlike the prior fw/sw, I cannot launch the individual .exe files to access drawing board, e-reader, settings, et al. 

Hoping  sees this. 

Open to suggestions.  I have tried resetting to out-of-the-box twice. Rolled back WIndows once. I still have a nearly year-old system image I'm half-inclined to try as a last resort. 

Much thanks.

Doc

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms