Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jelly3
Not applicable
Views: 174
Message 1 of 7

Wrong orientation of touch and pen when connected to external monitor

Hi all,

I found when connected to external monitor, both LCD and e-ink panel are stuck in portrait. Yet external monitor is horizontal. So touches in y direction on internal panel register as x direction and vice versa on external monitor. I.e touch is inverted. 

Has anybody come across this issue? 

SamsonTango
Not applicable
Views: 128
Message 2 of 7

Re: Wrong orientation of touch and pen when connected to external monitor

Yes, it really drives me nuts when I first try to it. For me, it only happens when I ONLY want to use the external monitor ie. display 2 under Windows. I can get all the LCD, e-ink, external on Landscape when I used all 3 of them. 

When I am connected with physical keyboard, mouse and monitor, I really would not want the LCD panel to be on. Smiley Indifferent

But I finally found an workaround: if I only want to use display 2, I back fold the Yoga Book so that LCD went off and just use the e-ink. But it is not perfect because Windows still remember there is a display 1 so the mouse cursor can be swing there, I also have to set display 2 as my main to have the task bar appear there. Not all are lost here because the Yoga Book is pop standing so I can read my ebook/article better. 

As I also use type-C connectors with my Samsung Note 9, I realize different type-C seems to behave slightly differently although they exhibit same behaviour with my Yoga Book so far. 

Hope it helps.

ngoetze
Not applicable
Views: 109
Message 3 of 7

I got the same Problem when using the new drawing board and using an external monitor...
Works completely fine on the internal but inverts x and y direction on external which it only accepts when i turn it to my main Display...
No matter what i do it stays that way doesnt seem to matter what i do to my internal Display...
Thought about inverting my courser directly while using the drwaing board but didnt find the option in windows...
Doctordon
Not applicable
Views: 102
Message 4 of 7

I only tested with an external monitor and standard mouse/touch gestures. My external display correctly followed the orientation of the C930.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
hogjek
Not applicable
Views: 95
Message 5 of 7

Have the same problems too. Really like the new pen pad update, but seems to go bonkers with external monitor connected. Please fix this.

SamsonTango
Not applicable
Views: 86
Message 6 of 7

It only works correctly if you "Extend display" under windows. See my workaround above.
Highlighted
ngoetze
Not applicable
Views: 57
Message 7 of 7

I tried ur workaround but when i only extend my second monitor (which i made main monitor) the drawing pad always goes to the internal display and i dont even see my courser anymore.

it works when i duplicate the display but thats not what i wanted :/ 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors