Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DdraigWerdd
Fanfold Paper
Views: 617
Message 1 of 9

Yoga Book 930C to External Drive?

Hello all,

I have been searching to see if it is possible to connect an external hard drive to the Yoga Book 930C so that I can import/export Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote files to and from my external hard drive to the Yoga Book via the Yoga Book's USB-C. Is this possible?

Overall I work as a professor thus I am hoping to use a Yoga Book 930C for note taking at conferences, classes, and meetings (taking both text and math/chemical formulae notes). As such I would like to be able to transfer the notes from OneNotes to my laptop as well as have my Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files on my Yoga Book so that I can work on materials as time allows.

Thank you!

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 599
Message 2 of 9

Re: Yoga Book 930C to External Drive?

Absolutely. Depending on your external hard drive, you may need a USB type A to USB-C adapter. But it'll work. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
DdraigWerdd
Fanfold Paper
Views: 594
Message 3 of 9

Hello!

Outstanding! Thank you! This will make my professional life that much easier as opposed to having to carry a heavy laptop around.

Thanks again!

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 569
Message 4 of 9

Not sure how much you keep on that external hard drive, but you can save even more weight by using the SD card tray. Micro SD cards come in pretty high capacities, these days. I have my File History, documents and a few videos stored on mine.  For my periodic road trips across Florida, I just toss it in the truck and go. I generally don't even bother with the power supply. Battery life well exceeds my time on the road.

Doc

Highlighted
DdraigWerdd
Fanfold Paper
Views: 561
Message 5 of 9

Hello!

The external is a decent size drive of which I have a lot of PowerPoints (as well as .pdf), Word, and Excel that are work related. Yet I was planning on adding a 200GB SD card to the Yoga Book as I can only find the 128GB version in my area, thus this should give me plenty of room on the Yoga Book.

My main interest was ease of getting the Word/PowerPoint/Excel files onto and off the Yoga Book, as well as transfer OneNotes from the Yoga Book to a desktop or laptop (both Windows 10 and MacOS). It sounds, though, like the Yoga Book with its USB-C should do fine.

Thank you again as I really appreciate the help! 

Naresh_nj
Fanfold Paper
Views: 295
Message 6 of 9

Hi, 

You may like to try this out. It gets litte warmer ...but I am pretty happy with  it, especially data transfer is super fast, I feel.

Please check this out:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SG39XZT/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A2NIJOURPN19DX&psc=1

alexburceff
Paper Tape
Views: 250
Message 7 of 9

what is the limit of how high capacity sd card you can put into the micro sd card tray?

512gb? 1tb?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 231
Message 8 of 9

Here's a pretty good article explaining the type and capacity of the MicroSD slot:

https://www.windowscentral.com/does-lenovo-yoga-book-c930-have-microsd-memory-card-slot

In a nutshell, according to that article, anything over 512Gb is going to be a diceroll. I have a 64Gb in mine, now. Handles File HIstory, a backup and still has room for some movies for when I travel with it. Might kick it up to 256, but given the prices for 512 and up, I doubt I'll be the one to try-it-and-see. Here's hoping someone else has already done it. Smiley Wink

Doc

drj434343
Punch Card
Views: 208
Message 9 of 9

I have been using a 400 GB microSD in mine from the beginning without any issues...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors