Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yooner
Paper Tape
Views: 616
Message 1 of 10

Yoga Book C930: Auto Saves E-ink Note correctly, but won't load properly

I write things in E-ink panel and make a new note page, it would save the previous note correctly. I can see its preview on the list and I can see the file in the %appdata%lenovo folder fine. 

But when I try to load that previous note from e-ink panel by touching that preview list on left of panel, It would not load properly but will make a new page and overwrites it to new clean page at same time. 

I lost a week-amount-notes just now... I would like to know if this is intended and if there is fix for it.

McGilli
802.11n
Views: 590
Message 2 of 10

Re: Auto Saves E-ink Note correctly, but won't load properly

Definately not intended as I've never had that problem and have a couple pages of notes - all that load back no problem.

There have been various problems with the e-ink section including the keyboard - and usually re-installing all of the e-ink software has solved peoples issues.

I'm guessing Lenovo would just tell you the same thing.

Download them here:

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/tablets/yoga-series/yoga-book-c930/downloads

Under software/utilities - dpwnlod the E-ink SDK and install that... hope it helps. good luck.

Yooner
Paper Tape
Views: 579
Message 3 of 10

I downloaded SDK and installed it but same. I could not uninstall it before installing it again(couldnt find how), so it might be reason.

I also found out that when I tried to load the pages, it is not like compeletely new, but It is more like returning to the begining of the memo. Which I am saying is that the screen copy from main screen or memo type chosen is still there, but all the written stuffs with pen are erased. I am wondering if there is way to do setup for this feature.

SO FRUSTRATING

Yooner
Paper Tape
Views: 562
Message 4 of 10

Figured myself if others not suffering same trouble I may factory reset this problem away.

So I factory reset the system and now it seems working properly... and auto saving, loading without failure.

Will check for few more days but seems fine now. Thx for support.

McGilli
802.11n
Views: 558
Message 5 of 10

Nice!

Glad it worked out, hopefully it sontinues that way!

Elise111S
Fanfold Paper
Views: 243
Message 6 of 10

Re: Yoga Book C930: Auto Saves E-ink Note correctly, but won't load properly

It seems I have this problem as well.  Notes disappear when I load them from the e-ink display, and sadly this also deletes the saved file, so no recovery seems to be available.  Sad.

I can not believe a full reset is necessary to fix this problem...  Any thoughts from lenovo?  

Elise111S
Fanfold Paper
Views: 237
Message 7 of 10

Perhaps another way to save the files, a second backup location until the problem is fixed?

Yooner
Paper Tape
Views: 219
Message 8 of 10

I did not hear anything from lenovo or met anyone with same trouble so I cannot really tell. But there is going to be E-ink firmware update in this month they say, so if you are not in great hurry I would wait for the time being. 

But for me, Reseting the system took only few hours and its working fine since. 

Elise111S
Fanfold Paper
Views: 212
Message 9 of 10

I had read about the update and considered that may correct the issue.  I had experienced the problem before, but did not fully understand what was happening until today, and read this post.  Seems like an intermittent issue for me, as I do not know how to repeat it, it happens ramdomly from my perspective.

Highlighted
Silumin
Punch Card
Views: 205
Message 10 of 10

Hello!
I have also tried to solve this problem on my LYB C930. It only helped restore the notebook to factory settings, and since then the notes have not disappeared.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors