Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gilwood1
Token Ring
Views: 4,034
Message 1 of 9

Yoga Book C930: Backlit Keyboard

I have owned an original android yoga book and just purchased a c930 yoga book. The new keyboard is a big improvement. However, the keyboard is not backlit as was my old yoga book. Are there any thoughts of adding backlighting to the keyboard? 

McGilli
802.11n
Views: 4,018
Message 2 of 9

Re: Backlit Keyboard

It's a bit of a bummer.

I don't have much issue with it as I've found if I turn up the LCD screen brightness - then at least for me it puts enough like on the keyboard that I can still see it just fine. I just switch to the white keyboard at night.

But - I do not believe this year they will have a version (like this) with backlighting on a e-ink keyboard.

Another option for people - is U can buy a USB LED light. Plugs into the USB port, and just shine it on the keyboard Smiley Happy Cost like $5 on Amazon etc...
AdamC930
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,969
Message 3 of 9

Hi, I had just the same question before buying one c930. the answer from Lenovo support guy was that it would add some more thickness and costs. i don't know, but backlit can be done by few diodes as small as star in your keyboard, weighting a fraction of a gram for few euros.... I miss it. But I must say that one can survive without it, as said in the previous comment .

Guru
Views: 3,683
Message 4 of 9

It is probably not the answer you are looking for. But you could consider something like ThinkLight if you can snap a battery-based LED light on top of the screen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_ThinkPad_ThinkLight

Warm regards,
Jonas Hendrickx

Lenovo Insider - Windows Insider MVP

Personal website: ThinkScopes

AlanLad25
Punch Card
Views: 3,679
Message 5 of 9

Re: Yoga Book C930: Backlit Keyboard

I also have the original Yoga Book.  I thought it might be an issue with YBC930 not having a backlight but it hasn't been.  When the keyboard is set to white and the LCD screen is on, the keyboard is still viewable.  If you had it folded back and using it in e-reader mode in the dark,  it could be a problem but it's easily solved by flipping it over and using the LCD screen.  

Highlighted
LD10
What's DOS?
Views: 2,869
Message 6 of 9

Press FN + Spacebar

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 2,831
Message 7 of 9

@LD10 wrote:

Press FN + Spacebar

That'll work on Lenovo laptops with normal laptop keyboards, but not on the Yoga Book.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
ground_control
What's DOS?
Views: 2,318
Message 8 of 9

Works on my c930! Thank you! I have only had it for a few days but had not yet discovered this trick.  

AdmiralAckbar
What's DOS?
Views: 433
Message 9 of 9

Surprisingly it works great for me too! And I'm even running Linux (ubuntu - elementary os). Perhaps the later versions come with a backlt keyboard?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors