Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lenovochobo
Punch Card
Views: 978
Message 1 of 9

Yoga Book C930: Knock to open problems

I just got my machine today. Knock to open only opens the lid a few mm on one side. Same with the volume down method. Does anone else have this problem, if so (I did search) - any solutions please? 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 950
Message 2 of 9

Re: Knock to open problems

Hello,
Considering that this is a fairly new model, you may not find many people with the same problem. Have you tried to disable/enable the setting to see if that changes anything? Have you checked for updates for the system? If that does not help, and others don't reply here, it might be good to call Support to see if they can help.

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/
https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Yoga-Book-C930-Knowledge-Base/How-to-disable-the-Knock-To-Open-on-the-Y...

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2006-2016 / Windows Insider MVP 2016-Present
I am not employed by Microsoft or Lenovo.

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

lenovochobo
Punch Card
Views: 916
Message 3 of 9

Cheers. Turning it on and off didn't help, nor did the bit about opening it up to 180 degrees (in the user guide for cases of knock to open failure). I'm in Hong Kong, so calling isnt so convenient.

WrightWells
Punch Card
Views: 825
Message 4 of 9

I'm also experiencing this problem, the - volume button pops the lid but the tap has stopped working.

I have also tried disabling and enabling.

lenovochobo
Punch Card
Views: 822
Message 5 of 9

Oh dear. 

My problem is slightly different. When it opens (either knock knock or volume button) it only pops up about 1mm on one side, it's as though the (de)magnetisation isn't working on the other side.

Guru
Views: 754
Message 6 of 9

It only works when you knock with a certain interval between the 2 knocks.

I personally knock somewhere in the middle closer to the top of the screen.

Knocking 3 times or more won't work.

Warm regards,
Jonas Hendrickx

Lenovo Insider - Windows Insider MVP

Personal website: ThinkScopes

lenovochobo
Punch Card
Views: 751
Message 7 of 9

My problem isn't the actuation per se, it's that (at least seems to me) one side doesn't de-magnetize and so you only get a slight gap on one side. In fact, if you don't open the lid - the magnets will close it again. It's probably a hardware issue on my machine.

I'm currently using Synology drive to sync my working directory onto a 512G SD card and will take it on a 10 day holiday to Rome next week.

yeti2pro
Fanfold Paper
Views: 680
Message 8 of 9

Re: Yoga Book C930: Knock to open problems

Rotate the machine hinge several times,rotate angle need over 180 degrees to release the torque of the hinge.It’s like „flap the Yoga Book’s wings“. Then place the machine at horizontal position to try the knock-knock, I think this maybe a fix solution.

lenovochobo
Punch Card
Views: 647
Message 9 of 9

Re: Yoga Book C930: Knock to open problems

Cheers but that didn't seem to work. I wouldn't expect it to, as it's likely to be problem with the magnet (release) rather than the hinge.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors