cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gilwood1
Token Ring
Views: 2,105
Message 1 of 5

Yoga Book C930: My Yoga Book can now read Txt, ePub and Mobi documents.

On March 11 there was a new posting under the YB c930 Drivers and Software section, Software and Utilities.

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/tablets/yoga-series/yoga-book-c930/downloads

If this new driver is Downloaded your YB will be able to now read Txt, ePub, and Mobi documents.

The trick is finding where the default store is. Files are stored in a My Digital Documents folder that is created during the install. The location is: users\username\one drive\documents\my digital documents\. I found an ePub file and created a text file, both came up on the reader. Depending on the size the files may take a little time to load. Patience. 

lenovochobo
Punch Card
Views: 2,042
Message 2 of 5

Re: My Yoga Book can now read Txt, ePub and Mobi documents.

I have it. Is it me or is the e-ink quality very poor please?
Skipuppy
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,026
Message 3 of 5

Re: My Yoga Book can now read Txt, ePub and Mobi documents.

I find the e ink difficult to read.  Outside in bright light it works better.  I'm very happy reading my Kindle books on the nice bright color screen all g with PDFs and text.  If the e ink were backlit maybe that would be better.  For now though why use the dim screen unless you need to conserve power.  Mostly using the YB c930 near power and with the already great battery life just use the REAL screen.  It isn't you, it is the e ink.

Mark_Kounalis
What's DOS?
Views: 1,639
Message 4 of 5

Re: Yoga Book C930: My Yoga Book can now read Txt, ePub and Mobi documents.

I have been holding off on buying one of these until they flipped the bit on using the e-ink display for something more e-ink like - you know like something akin to reading stuff Smiley Wink. For the e-pub, mobi etc, does the e-pub or mobi have to be drm free or will the software handle drm? Wondering if drm needs to be stripped before the e-ink display on this little guy will open the document.
gilwood1
Token Ring
Views: 1,632
Message 5 of 5

Re: Yoga Book C930: My Yoga Book can now read Txt, ePub and Mobi documents.

I have had mixed results. I believe the DRM issue you bring up is key. I have been looking into conversion programs, like Calibre, but have really not worked on this. Got sidetracked with a Likebook Mars 7.5" android tablet. Reads kindle, playbooks formats and stuff I download from the library using overdrive or libby. It would be nice to have a better e-reading package on the YB so we will see with the next update. I use my YB for too many other things. So it is still a GREAT device.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors