Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlanLad25
Punch Card
Views: 433
Message 1 of 5

Yoga Book C930: Noisy Keyboard Vibration

I justed had my YBC930 replaced and I noticed that on the replacement the the haptic vibration on the keyboard is annoying loud in the top two settings.  It is fine when it is in the lowest setting or off.  In the top two setting it sounds like the vibrator makes more noise than vibration.  If sounds like a cellphone in a hollow jar with the virbrator on.  Lots of noise not a lot of vibration.  Does anyone else have annoying loud keyboard vibrations?

McGilli
802.11n
Views: 386
Message 2 of 5

Re: YBC930 Noisy Keyboard Vibration

My haptic feedback doesn't even work on mine - never has even after full Windows reset and updated Lenovo software/drivers which is too bad. I'd love to have it. I'd happily trade you Smiley Happy

PierreMarie
What's DOS?
Views: 361
Message 3 of 5

Hi

i disabled thé haptic vibration in thé end. Indeed, this make too much noise ans not enought vibration. If you use thé MAJ LoCK key, i've notice thé noise is more discrète.  Anyway, this functionality was a good bad idea. Nexxxt. :-)

Guru
Views: 260
Message 4 of 5

To change the setting related to the vibration of the keyboard, please check the KB article below:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Yoga-Book-C930-Knowledge-Base/How-to-disable-vibration-on-the-Yoga-Book...

Also make sure your drivers and BIOS are up-to-date.

Warm regards,
Jonas Hendrickx

Lenovo Insider - Windows Insider MVP

Personal website: ThinkScopes

AlanLad25
Punch Card
Views: 246
Message 5 of 5

I did that earlier but it didn't help. I suspect it's a defective vibrator because it rattles in all the settings . After the last warranty repair on my YBC930, it doesn't bother me enough yet to go through the experience all over again .

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors