Did you mean: 
Highlighted
PageCartoons
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,266
Message 1 of 4

Yoga Book C930: Strange issue with pen and Paint Tool SAI2

Hi there.

I recently got this laptop and I absolutely love it. I use it for illustration work, which I've used a program called Paint Tool SAI 2 for pretty much everything I make.

An odd issue I've found however is the occasional involuntary stray line that connects curves, or little loops, or darker patches of thin lines that I make. At worst, the lines just become towers of lengthy zig-zags. It's strange and unusual, but it doesn't seem to happen with other programs like MS Paint, FireAlpaca, PaintTool Pro, and Coral Painter. But out of all the programs I've used, nothing comes out as clean, quick, and crisp as SAI2 has. So I'd love to see if there's any way of getting around the issues I'm having.

I've put some examples of what I've had to deal with here, hope to hear some advice.

unwanted line in curve.pngInvoluntary line webbing curvesunwanted loop in stabilised line.pngInvoluntary loop while using stabilizerunwanted think patches.pngInvoluntary dark patches where the line thickness is greater than it should be, plus line webbing curveworst case scenario.pngI don't even know. A weird effect at different stability settings

prehprehpreh
Paper Tape
Views: 939
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga Book C930: Strange issue with pen and Paint Tool SAI2

The lack of support we get for purchasing this thousand dollar piece of paper is just disgusting. Come on Lenovo. At least respond and say that someone is gonna look into it or something.. 🙁  

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 927
Message 3 of 4

I can't speak for Lenovo, but if the pen works fine with all those other programs and nobody else is reporting the issue, I'd tend to think it's the program and not the machine. I don't have that program or I'd try to replicate the issue.  You might try contacting the software vendor as well, just to be sure.

I've had many an instance of particular pieces of hardware that work well with one program, but not another. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
PageCartoons
Blue Screen Again
Views: 914
Message 4 of 4

Hey guys,

Thankfully I've since found out the problem and managed to solve the issue myself. It was indeed the program I was using, and there was a setting I had neglected to change.

I'll put it here in case anyone else is having issues similar to me. You can replicate the problem if you have a second monitor, and have the setting to use the WIndows API turned off in SAI2's options. The program tries to draw on both screens simultaneously with this setup, hence the bizzarre zigzag patterns.

The loops and webbing vanish, along with the zigzag issue, simply by checking the "Use Windows API" setting in the options window of SAI 2.

I kicked myself hard when I found this. It honestly should've been my first stop to solve the issue.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors