Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RiSk00
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,797
Message 1 of 11

Yoga Book C930: compatible pen/stylus

Hi,

I'm about to order the new yoga book c930, the one with the dual display (lcd + e-ink) setup.

However, in my market (Sweden) only the m3 version with 128GB ssd and without pen is available as of now 

Since this will be mostly a home web browsing 2-in-1 for me I'm fine with the performance and storage limitations but really would like to have a pen for it that works both for the LCD and the e-ink display for notes and sketching.

Any hints as to which of all the different lenovo (or third party?) pens available that would work? Is the one that comes with the i5-version available separately?

I haven't been able to find any guidance on lenovo.com and local pre-sales customer service didn't have any answer either unfortunately.

Any guidance would be highly appreciated!

penguin_a_geek
SCSI Port
Views: 1,761
Message 2 of 11

Re: Pen for new 2018 yoga book c930?

The pen is BT connected so get a right one and it should (!) work. a quick check with surface pens failed. maybe I can give it a try over the weekend

But can't you order the lenovo pen separately?
RiSk00
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,757
Message 3 of 11

Thanks,

Yes, my plan is to order separately but it seems tricky to understand which one it is that works.

All hands-on videos and articles around the announcement seems to feature an octagon-shaped grey pen that is refered to as "lenovo precision pen" but I can't seem to find anything like that in the accessories part of lenovo.com

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,755
Message 4 of 11

Hi RiSk00,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

We recommend that you wait for the Yoga Book C930 with Intel i5 processor variant to be available in your region to ensure that you will receive a pen. 

Upon further investigation on the compatibility of the pen I've noticed that the Lenovo Active Pen 2 for Yoga has the same pressure level of 4,096 which is the same on the Lenovo Precision Pen that came with it. If you also check the Platform Specifications of Lenovo Yoga Book C930 both LCD and E-ink display supports Active Pen Technology. We cannot guarantee 100% that it will work as we haven't tested out this type of configuration and this is only based on the information that I've found on the article for the Lenovo Yoga Book C930. Kindly check the links below for more information about the Lenovo Active Pen 2 for Yoga and the Platform Specifications.

Yoga Book C930 Platform Specifications
https://psref.lenovo.com/syspool/Sys/PDF/Lenovo%20Tablets%20_%20Convertibles/Yoga%20Book%20C930/Yoga...

Lenovo Active Pen 2 for Yoga
https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/accessories-and-monitors/pens-and-supplies/pens/TAB-ACC-BO-Active-Pen2-...

Hope this helps.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

RiSk00
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,753
Message 5 of 11

Thanks,

That's where my other problem comes in, the i5-model isn't even listed in the web store for my market and local pre-sales support cannot confirm if there ever will be an i5 with pen package for our region.

kevin2018
What's DOS?
Views: 1,727
Message 6 of 11

I also tried the surface pen (from a surface book 1) and it did not work, but the HP Active Pen from the new HP 360 laptops did work well (on both display and e-ink) including button support (display only).

https://www.digitec.ch/en/s1/product/hp-active-stift-app-launch-styluses-5837585

RiSk00
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,724
Message 7 of 11

Cool, great to know, thanks!!

WrightWells
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,437
Message 8 of 11

I can confirm that the Active Yoga Pen 2 works , however it does not have a flat side so will not stick very well to the magnet.
RiSk00
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,433
Message 9 of 11

Thanks!

Just to confirm - On both the LCD and the e-ink part?

WrightWells
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,425
Message 10 of 11

Yes it works on both. 

And I also tried a Surface pen that didn't work  

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors