Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
penguin_a_geek
SCSI Port
Views: 3,051
Message 1 of 12

Yoga Book C930: e-ink feb update HAS ARRIVED

it is here

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/de/en/products/TABLETS/YOGA-SERIES/YOGA-BOOK-C930/downloads/DS505122

but one sync only via MS cloud :-( :-( this is not what we wanted

but e-ink is running smoothly like hell, thats fantastic

St

WrightWells
Punch Card
Views: 3,002
Message 2 of 12

Re: e-ink feb update HAS ARRIVED

pengiun: Thanks very much for the update.

the link didn't work for me so I have to search for it via this link

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/gb/en/products/tablets/yoga-series/yoga-book-c930/downloads

Highlighted
Isurus
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,997
Message 3 of 12

The original link worked for me, and the install went smoothly. Very thankful that I can now read my epub files on eink.

Wish there were a way of bookmarking pages since the software does not remember the last read page once I open different document.

WrightWells
Punch Card
Views: 2,985
Message 4 of 12

Well it wasn't tested very well.

I now don't have a keyboard , I just get the 'Tap twice to use screen page.' even after multiple reboots.

Anyone have a successful experience.

penguin_a_geek
SCSI Port
Views: 2,981
Message 5 of 12

prior to the morning coffee I did the install and during that keyboard went well. Didn't need to reboot so far. Happy to test in detail if you tell me what :-)

Let's take it positive that they are listening to us somehow. maybe we open a new topic - keeping it short - as a wish list
drj434343
Punch Card
Views: 2,886
Message 6 of 12

Update worked for me.  The eink system seems to be stable after upgrading.

OneNote syncing does work, though the sign-in technique for syncing is super weird and not intuitive.  Clicking on the OneNote portion of the pull down menu on the eink display brings up a Windows login screen for OneNote.  Signing in here links the eink drawings with my OneNote account.  It is not obvious where to click on the eink menus to initiate sign-in.  I just got lucky.

Changes made to drawings in eink seem to promptly propagate to OneNote after syncing.  However, deleting or renaming imported drawings from within OneNote does not seem to change them in the eink menu.  

For example, I created a drawing and waited for it to show up in OneNote.  I then changed the title in OneNote.  No title change appeared in eink.  Then I deleted the drawing in OneNote.  It did not disappear from eink.  However, subsequent resyncing DID NOT cause the eink drawing to reappear in OneNote UNTIL I made an additional change to that drawing in eink, and then it resynced in OneNote despite the previous delete.

This behavior is slightly weird and seems to indicate full bi-directional note management is not possible, but rather eink only pushes changes in one direction.  

Eink notes import into "Quick Notes" in OneNote, and I do not see a way to change this default location.

The date stamp of drawings imported into OneNote appear in Mandrin characters (with an English title), and I can't change the date language.

Other than those quirks, it appears to work and is stable in my testing so far.  Roughly implimented, but better than nothing.  I did cringe a little bit in reading the permissions you have to grant the Eink SDK in order to access your OneNote account.  Basically full write control.  I'm just imaginging a poorly written update to this software inadvertently wiping out all notes everywhere.  Hopefully this remains a nightmare only.

In the meantime, I will enjoy this update having purchased the laptop not expecting any functional upgrades ever. 

To the lone programmer (or small group) developing this software, if you are reading this, thanks for throwing us a bone!  Additional refinement of this software will pay tenfold dividends itoward how amazingly useful this laptop can be!  Don't give up!  Fight the reassignment to the Thinkpad development group and keep pushing forward!

WrightWells
Punch Card
Views: 2,832
Message 7 of 12

Also some form of documentation/ user guide would have helped. I was going to say, I have an undocumented feature but as there is no documentation !

My issue of the keyboard not reappearing seems to been because I had the pen magnetised to the back of the screen. 

First time I open eink with the pen attached I get the main screen blanking and the eink asking to double tap.

eink then appears upside down as if the screen is closed #9which is probably caused by the magnet, however when I remove the pen , eink spins round and I can switch back to a keyboard.

However this only happens the first time I open eink during the same a windows logon.

#muchhappier now I know this 

us5
What's DOS?
Views: 2,703
Message 8 of 12

I was able to install but I am not able to sync with onenote.  A brief logon window appeared at random,  Is anyone else having the sane problem?  I would appreciate a more detailed description on the procedure to make eink sync with onenote,

tnt2077
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,525
Message 9 of 12

From memory here, open the notes function on the E Ink display, then open the menu on the left that will display your existing notes. Pres the pull down menu (three dots) and choose OneNote sync. A window on the main display will pop up, enter your login info and accept permissions. You should be good to go, the notes will show up in the Quick Notes section.

gilwood1
Token Ring
Views: 2,406
Message 10 of 12

I have not received any e ink update on my YB. I followed the suggestions to look under settings in the e ink screen but any reference to OneNote sync or login did not appear. I have successfully downloaded every update provided by Lenovo on the Lenovo update app. However, used the link provided by penguin_a_geek and finally found it. Thanks

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors