Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcinnocent
Fanfold Paper
Views: 118
Message 21 of 25

Re: Yoga Book C930: fingerprint reader slow response

it is a pitty, I dont want to completely reset my device and see afterwords this does not solve the problem :-(

So please tell us what happened after resetting, ok? THX!

I think about sending back my lenovo book to lenovo, because I dont want to spend so much money and being beta tester. Maybe I will buy it in future again, when it is out of beta stadium ... I am really dissapointed

Elise111S
Paper Tape
Views: 105
Message 22 of 25

I understand that this is an optical fingerprint reader, and am accepting that it is not very good.  I recently reloaded my fingerprint for the upteenth time, and it appears to be working now.

It is not fast like my cell phone.  I have to hold my finger on the reader, almost pressing it, but just touching it lightly does not suffice.  It requires learning what works and what does not.

I too called warranty support and they want me to do a factory reset...  I am not ready to do that, and it seems to be working with my current fingerprints that I recently scanned into Windows Hello.

I am curious if anyone feels like their fingerprint scanner is a flawless and always works reader.  At this time I just think it is a bad optical scanner that needs to be cleaned and takes a moment to read your print to work.

Is anyone having a counter to this experience?  That their fingerprint reader works flawlessly and fast like their cell phone?

Thank you. 

Highlighted
McGilli
802.11n
Views: 71
Message 23 of 25

@Elise111s - I've made quite a few posts about my experience with fingerprint reader. Mine works almost every single time - now. But I did the whole registration of my finger using the firmware tool rather than Windows. (That's a whole complicated process as the tool is mostly in Chinese). Other's have attempted it but results vary.

As for the speed of it reading my fingerprint - it's the same speed as my iPhone SE. So, it's not fast, but not slow. 1 second maybe.

Light touch of it does not work for me. I must press it, like pressing a button on a tv remote control etc.

Good luck!
mcinnocent
Fanfold Paper
Views: 55
Message 24 of 25

can you explain how to use the firmware tool? where can I find it?

McGilli
802.11n
Views: 41
Message 25 of 25

It's available with all of the YB C930 drivers and updates:

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/tablets/yoga-series/yoga-book-c930/downloads

BUT - I can't really tell you how to use it. There are some basic, poorly worded instructions that many of us struggled through - and on top of that as I mentioned the firmware tool is oartky in Chinese so you don't know what you are clicking on. PErsonally - i don't remember exactly what order I clicked on everything - and I refuse to run the program again as I do not want to risk making mine worse.

Also as mentioned- there are other threads in here where I - and others have talked in more details about what we did. Hope you can work it out.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors