Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
foomonkey
Fanfold Paper
Views: 931
Message 11 of 41

Re: Yoga Book C930: fingerprint reader slow response

I decided to return mine. It wasn't just the fingerprint reader... that was just one of several issues that undermined the overall experience.

McGilli
802.11n
Views: 859
Message 12 of 41

Just got my C930

Fingerprint reader works about 1/10 times. My machine came with the updated firmware already installed.

Tried multiple fingers registered. Have removed the finger sand re-dome them.

Registering some of my gingers just cannot be done. Will never recognize them enough to even reister them..Some fingers actuallu register with zero errors. But then logging in almost never works.

QC for these is obviously very, very bad if all the reviews 2-3 months ago complained of the same thing and all these units now still exhibit this...

I want to update this.

Even though My YBc930 already had the update - i ran the software for it - and within that software - even though I can't read much of it since it's in Chinese - there seems to be a process for adding your fingerprints to the software/firmware directly? I ran that - and then repeatedly added my finger and then ended it and the firmware program said it was registered. Since then it's worked almost every time for me when starting the computer.

I just tried it again, and it worked. I press down with light pressure, and leave my finger on it and after a second it accepts it. I don't press my finger where the LED is. I do it below that at the bottom of the circle.

McGilli
802.11n
Views: 836
Message 13 of 41

One more update.

I did a full erase/restore of my YB c930 after my previous post. The fingerprint reader has not failed once since then. I'd already had much better response after using the firmware to register my finger - and it's continued through a new Windows install.

I hope Lenovo releases that fingerprint firmware in full english. Having the firmware scan your finger is what started mine working properly but it's hard to figure out and took some trial and error. If you try it - you need to pay attention to the command prompt in the back ground - as that will show in english what it wants and what's happening.

vonalim
Punch Card
Views: 806
Message 14 of 41

can you tell me which button with chinese label you have used to start the registration process? when I start the firmware flashing tool I can see 4 buttons with english labels (Open, Get FW version, AutoAdjustImg, UpdateOnline) then there is the second row with chinese button on the left, 2 text fields showing '2015' and '1' and the second chinese button on the left. then there is a status area and the bottom row with 2 chinese buttons (if I press either one the tool closes itself). Do you remember which 'chinese' button you have used to register you fingers within the tool? Whatever button I press no finger registration process starts.

@McGilli wrote:

One more update.

I did a full erase/restore of my YB c930 after my previous post. The fingerprint reader has not failed once since then. I'd already had much better response after using the firmware to register my finger - and it's continued through a new Windows install.

I hope Lenovo releases that fingerprint firmware in full english. Having the firmware scan your finger is what started mine working properly but it's hard to figure out and took some trial and error. If you try it - you need to pay attention to the command prompt in the back ground - as that will show in english what it wants and what's happening.

McGilli
802.11n
Views: 791
Message 15 of 41

Ok - the bottom 2 buttons - I have no idea what they do as - like you - when I tried multiple times they just close the program. I've kind of tried them both at different times.

I'm sure it was the one on the left middle...

The problem is that - I was so frustrated with it that I ran it a bunch of times - and I just started clicking different things at different times. and then there was the time is talked about registering or recording your prints.

I don't dare run it again - as I'm worried it will remove whatever I did and maybe I can't repeat it.

Needless to say - it's continued working basically every single time since then - even after the Windows re-install.

I wish I'd taken screenshots - sorry. But, you will know when you see it.

What we need is someone who can translate all the buttons on the firmware tool - or a better documented process from Lenovo on this.

Good luck!
rickl37
Paper Tape
Views: 713
Message 16 of 41

same fingerprint problem here
mcinnocent
Fanfold Paper
Views: 668
Message 17 of 41

Same problem, Today I got my Lenovo yoga Book C930 and it is impossible to set up the fingerprint sensor. It is frustrating :-(

the Yoga Book is really expensive and I expected to have not such problems from the beginning.

Ishman
Punch Card
Views: 664
Message 18 of 41

I agree.  At this price it should perform much better than items half the cost with fingerprint readers.  I have been so frustrated with the fingerprint reader and besides that, sometimes when I boot up the bottom keyboard screen is corrupt and I have to resart the keyboard with a click of note taker and back to keyboard so I can enter the PIN (why, because my fingerprint never works.)  I plan to chat with somone again from Lenovo this evening.  Hopefully, there will be some resolution.

McGilli
802.11n
Views: 650
Message 19 of 41

Have you installed the e-ink keyboard drivers again as mentioned to you a week ago? I replied to you telling you how I resolved my same issue.
Ishman
Punch Card
Views: 646
Message 20 of 41

I sure did. Still does it about 50% of the time.  only the top portion missing until i select notes and back to keyboard.

I just got off chat with support and they told me to reset the device.  I will try that tomorrow since I need to finish a few things and backup some items before I try that.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors