Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
donnyjoe
Paper Tape
Views: 893
Message 1 of 5

Yoga Book C930: how to disable/change "tap twice to use the screen" feature

I love this device, but there is one HUGE annoyance I've been experiencing, and I can't be the only one. It took me a little while to realize what was happening, but it is the feature when the screen is folded over for tablet mode where you can tap twice on the e-ink screen to use it in standalone mode. As you know, it puts the laptop to sleep and activates the e-reader/note taker mode. The problem is that it is far too sensitive. It has been nearly impossible for me to hold the device in my hands like I would any other tablet without triggering it and putting Windows to sleep. I can even trigger it when it is folded over and sitting on my lap and I shift my legs slightly. 

Is there some hidden way to disable or modify this behavior? I don't see any setting for it. It's really ruining an otherwise excellent experience and really limits the ways I can use this device. (I honestly got it to use as a tablet as much or more than as a laptop.)

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 818
Message 2 of 5

Re: Yoga Book C930: how to disable/change "tap twice to use the screen" feature

Hi donnyjoe! 

Welcome to the Lenovo forum discussion! 

As we were checking here, there is no option to change or disable the "tap twice to use the screen" feature on the Lenovo Yoga Book C930. The only settings that you can change is the e-ink image settings and the e-ink keyboard settings (sound and vibration). For more information about the Yoga Book C930, see it here https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/yogabook_c930_user_guide_en_201808.pdf?CID=ww:lenov...

Regards, 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

KaareSeim78
Paper Tape
Views: 164
Message 3 of 5

This is my biggest gripe with the tablet. I wish the "double tap" was possible to deacitivate, or at least lock it into either eink or screen.

ktshark
Paper Tape
Views: 78
Message 4 of 5

I agree. They should include some kind of locking feature in a future update...

oskarnrk
Punch Card
Views: 57
Message 5 of 5

I won this device in a Lenovo contest and I wrote a review. This is one of my wishlist entries!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors