Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LeeHamm
Fanfold Paper
Views: 427
Message 11 of 13

Re: Yoga Book C930: is worth buying?

Thanks for sharing these opinions. They are both interesting and a little depressing, ha ha!

I have used ThinkPads since the IBM days and have several Lenovo Yoga products. I am currently using an X1 tablet and your comments ring true about the lack of continuity and software. I am currently looking at the YB C930 and the C630 WoS. I like features in each but there are significant disadvantages in each too.

It seems I can get a C930 with LTE...if I buy from Germany. Is the LTE market segment just too small in the US, that it is not offered?

The C930 offered lots of promise with the e-ink display etc. I thought it could become a good e-reader. It now seems this model will disappear without offering the Kindle software, for example. You can produce Kindle files like a print driver from a word processor. Are they really so difficult to display on a screen? The C930 is so thin and light, as you say!

Guru
Views: 307
Message 12 of 13

I believe in the U.S. you may have problems depending on the provider you have. I had a lot of issues using an European iPhone with Sprint for example. The bands were compatible, but it required the IMEI to be registered on the network.

Other than that, it may also be related to licensing.

You can always export your kindle books to pdf.

I'm now 3 months in the run with the Yoga Book C930. I am blind typing this post at the same speed as I would on a ThinkPad. Yesterday, it flew across half a bus in The Philippines, was lucky to have no scratches or dents.

Occasionally I ran into some driver issues with Windows, but was easily fixed using Lenovo Vantage.

Warm regards,
Jonas Hendrickx

Lenovo Insider - Windows Insider MVP

Personal website: ThinkScopes

lenovochobo
Punch Card
Views: 300
Message 13 of 13

I used the original YB a fair bit actually. I used it to edit a 1000 page word document. I used it more than my Surface Book simply because it was lighter/ more portable. In the end, I didn't keep it because it was a bit sluggish, and wifi connection was super problematic (used to need reboots all the time). The YB C930 seems much perkier, the keyboard is slightly better. The note taking is ok - much more practical than the pad of paper solution of the original. The e-ink quality is terrible, I can't see myself using it over the colour screen.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors