Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Racheldronat
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,294
Message 1 of 8

Yoga Book C930: keyboard interface recover

I have some problems. After I reset C930 I had many problems in e ink screen keyboard. I think its firmware or drivers some how changed and I couldn't find it on Lenovos web page. There are SDK's but no user versions and SDK version is even more buggy. Here is some of my problems ;

- Fingerprint sensor doens't works. 

- Keyboard layout is always stays in English no matter I choose Russian or Turkish from settings.

- Keyboard vibration cannot be turned off. You can turn it on from the slider where related settings but it still vibrates and really annoys me.

Do you have similiar problems and do you know any solutions ? 

Guru
Views: 4,194
Message 2 of 8

Re: Yoga Book C930: keyboard interface recover

Fingerprint reader

You can install the latest drivers and firmware from here and here. Make sure to restart your Yoga Book C930 after installing the driver and flashing the firmware.

Changing the keyboard language

You can not use the regular Windows settings to change your keyboard layout. They apply only to the on-screen virtual keyboard that's built into Windows 10.

To change the hardware keyboard layout:

1. On the E-Ink keyboard, tap the 'wrench'-icon. It is the 4th icon from the left and the 2nd icon from the right side.
  2. In the left menu pane, make sure E Ink keyboard is selected.
  3. The last option on the screen is 'Keyboard language', change that to whatever language matches yours. Note, not all languages are available. So if you want a specific layout, pick one that is close.

Disabling vibration

1. On the E-Ink keyboard, tap the 'wrench'-icon. It is the 4th icon from the left and the 2nd icon from the right side.
  2. In the left menu pane, make sure E Ink keyboard is selected.
  3. Uncheck the checkbox below 'Keyboard Vibration'.

Warm regards,
Jonas Hendrickx

Lenovo Insider - Windows Insider MVP

Personal website: ThinkScopes

Racheldronat
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,172
Message 3 of 8

Thanks for your answer

Fingerprint reader

I have succefully install the first file but firmware update does not work on me please check the screenshot:

Capture.PNG

Changing the keyboard language

When I change it from setting on e ink screen but it stays on English. Please check the video on https://ufile.io/0yar9 or https://streamable.com/xerx5

Racheldronat
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,078
Message 4 of 8

When I try to update JAN 30 - E-ink SDK st8951 Firmware this error shows up. I think you can also see the current fw.

1.PNGCapture.PNG

Progamer67
What's DOS?
Views: 1,015
Message 5 of 8

i have the same problems as Racheldronat. Help would be highly appreciatedSmiley Happy

Progamer67
What's DOS?
Views: 1,014
Message 6 of 8

both language change of keyboard is not possible and fingerprintsensor doesnt work. Same error messages when i try to install the given files Smiley Sad(((

yeti2pro
Fanfold Paper
Views: 708
Message 7 of 8

I summary the process for fingerprint FW  update,please refer to the attachment. I hope it is helpful for you.

Progamer67
What's DOS?
Views: 667
Message 8 of 8

Thanks for the PDF file and the effort you made, but it just doesnt help. the Problem is described in Racheldronat first screenshot he made (see his post from 02-02-2019).

To refer to the given PDF:
In step 3 after Pressing "GET FW VERSION" the popup Windows says "Current FW just has user Code, not support update online. FW Version: WBF_M3000_V1.00"

and afterwards the "update online" button that should be clicked in step 4 cant be clicked since the button is set inactive/Grey. This state can also be seen in the first screenshot of Racheldronat ,the whole updateprocess cant be proceeded. Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors