Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SBMongoos
Punch Card
Views: 1,247
Message 31 of 40

Re: Yoga Book C930: poor battery life

Well, they offered a warranty replacement but I would be without the laptop for a couple of weeks. I checked out the price of the battery and opted to buy premium support (3 yr when they had a promo - $89, battery was about $110). Then I went back to support about my issue dealing with Premium Care Support. Nice to deal with but it has it's issues. Agreed to replace the battery and ship it to me directly instead of schedule appt for tech to come to my home (included in warranty upgrade). I can do this battery swap. But then a coupleof days later the cancelled it saying ~5 hours was normal. Don't think I'm even getting 5 honestly. I went back to their chat and started over. Tech was able to pull up the previous case. He placed the order, then found out it was on back order the next day for over a month. When it finally arrived it was a keyboard. LOL. Packing slip even stated battery ordered, battery shipped. They told me to keep the keyboard and placed another battery order. This battery arrived in normal shipping time but I haven't had time to replace it yet and I assume it's the right battery.

SBMongoos
Punch Card
Views: 1,100
Message 32 of 40

Update for those intereste:

I went to replace the battery and didn't realize that Lenovo uses an adhesive tape in addition to the screws. Must be to avoid rattle from the battery. It looked like it was going to be a mess to pull apart so since I had upgraded the warranty, and sent in photos of this, Lenovo sent a tech out to do the swap as I didn't want to risk damaging something inside. I noticed the tech used the new adhesive and he mentioned these were difficult to swappout due to the tape.

I haven't had it long enough to get a real clear picture but I do find the following interesting. The original battery was Simplo (SMP) and the replacement was Celexpert. The Simplo (SMP) battery did get the f/w update.  According to the Lenovo battery f/w update page: 

"This package updates the battery firmware in the battery pack to fix problems, add new functions, or expand functions as noted below:

CHANGES IN THIS RELEASE Version 1.01 [Important updates] - Fixed an issue where the battery capacity abnormal loss then the battery life might be reduced. [New functions or enhancements] Nothing. [Problem fixed] Capacitity abnormal loss.

After the f/w udpate it seemed the orginal Simplo (SMP) battery didn't last quite as long. However with the new Celxpert battery, at this point with no f/w update, it's looking like I gained 1.5-2 hours more battery life and both batteries are rated the same mAh.

mirkoslatarow
Punch Card
Views: 1,070
Message 33 of 40

Where to find that battery-firmware-update? 

SBMongoos
Punch Card
Views: 1,065
Message 34 of 40

I logged into Lenovo and then use my serial number for my laptop. From there it'll show you your warranty and any updates for firmware, software, etc.

mirkoslatarow
Punch Card
Views: 1,059
Message 35 of 40

Can't find anything. Are you sure you're talking about the Yoga BOOK C930 and not the Yoga C930?
SBMongoos
Punch Card
Views: 1,055
Message 36 of 40

I have the Yoga C930-13IKB Laptop (Lenovo) - Type 81C4. This link: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-c930-13ikb?linkTra...

mirkoslatarow
Punch Card
Views: 1,051
Message 37 of 40

OK, then you've posted to the wrong forum! This is Yoga-Book-Forum
SBMongoos
Punch Card
Views: 1,050
Message 38 of 40

Sorry, thanks for giving me the heads up.

Highlighted
Lajolla1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 631
Message 39 of 40

I just got the Yoga C930 with the folowing specs:

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-8550U (1.80GHz, up to 4.0GHz with Turbo Boost, 8MB Cache)
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64
Display Type: 13.9" UHD (3840 x 2160) IPS, glossy, multi-touch
Memory: 16GB DDR4 2400MHz (Onboard)
Hard Drive: 1TB Solid State Drive, PCIe-NVME M.2

Becuase the battery life seemed short I did the followng to optimize the battery life per charge--I’m on battery saver mode, have reduce screen brightness to 60-70%, I do not use the keyboard backlight, I have prohibited all background apps from running, shut off power function to USB port, put the fans in quite mode,  turned off bluetooth and I do not have slideshow function enabled on my desktop, I changed from using Chrome to edge as a browser and I still found that I am only getting approximately 3-hours of battery usage per charge, i.e. going from 100% capacity to 10%.  I have only been going through emails and reading things on the web, I am not looking at videos, doing conference calls, and I do not have multiple web pages open. My CPU usage is typically 1% and according to the Lenovo Vantage app the “health status” of the battery is good.

Attached is a copy of the battery report which appears that I am getting 4.45-6 hours of battery charge per cycle, but I have been charting my battery usage and each hour the battery is reduced by 12-16% depending on what I am doing.

It seems that something is draining the battery faster than it should be and I should not have to significantly reduce the screen brightness and turn off the majority of the computer’s functions just to be able to use the laptop for 3 hours prior to it needing to be charged.  Has anyone found a solution to the shorten battery life?

asalihov
Paper Tape
Views: 252
Message 40 of 40

I turned off f.lux and changed balanced power plan and battery life increased up to 4.5 - 5 hours!

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors