cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JRbel
Punch Card
Views: 1,999
Message 1 of 8

Yoga Book C930: putting your own image as background image in the eink screen when the device is off

You can use any png file with resolution 1920x1080 pixels. I use Irfanview to resize my png files.

Rename your image file as Settings_images_08.png and  replace with your own png file the one with the same name in the folder c:\Program Files\Lenovo\EinkSDK\EinkSettings\Pic\

Go to the "e-ink image settings" page in the e-ink screen settings, set to ON the "show background image when device is off" and select the last image among the ones shown (the eight image) . Your png file should show up then on the screen. Accept it and from then on it will show up when the PC is off. 

Are there easier ways todo this?

Thank you.

ccmn2000
Paper Tape
Views: 1,935
Message 2 of 8

Re: C930: Putting your own images as background image in the eink screen when the device is off

Thanks! nice and simple hack.
drj434343
Punch Card
Views: 1,923
Message 3 of 8

Re: C930: Putting your own images as background image in the eink screen when the device is off

This also worked for me.  There are some caveats.

I tried adding an extra image, ending in 09 rather that replacing one of the existing images.  This did not work.

After replacing the 08 image, the thumbnails in the settings screen still show the old image in the 08 location.  You have to blindly select it, and the correct image will show during sleep.

WrightWells
Punch Card
Views: 1,626
Message 4 of 8

The thumbnail image is picture 1 - 08

also don't forget to size the image 1920x1080

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 1,481
Message 5 of 8

Hi All,

There will be feature implemented which will allow you to change the picture on E-ink display when device is OFF. Update with this feature should come around February 20th. If the date will be changed I'll let you know in the thread.

Regards,

Pavlo Antalovtsi
Community Manager
wingers999
What's DOS?
Views: 605
Message 6 of 8

@Pavlo_Lenovo wrote:

Hi All,

There will be feature implemented which will allow you to change the picture on E-ink display when device is OFF. Update with this feature should come around February 20th. If the date will be changed I'll let you know in the thread.

Regards,

Can you tell me when this feature is coming? as February 20th has well passed now

Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 598
Message 7 of 8

It's available in the current firmware/software set. You can browse for any photo and the e-ink panel will use it when it goes to sleep or you shut down the computer. On the e-ink panel: Settings (gear icon) > E Ink Image Settings > toggle "Show background image when the device is off" to on and touch "browse" to add a photo.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
wingers999
What's DOS?
Views: 595
Message 8 of 8

Excellent - thanks - will get updating now

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors